QuickBooks Pro, designed by Intuit, came into existence to help small to mid-sized businesses with their bookkeeping. QuickBooks comes in various editions like QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Enterprise, Payroll, and Accountant.
Of these editions, QuickBooks Payroll set up with QuickBooks Pro offers many advanced benefits for both the software.
With that said, here is…
How does QuickBooks Payroll Work
- Go to your Employees window and then click on the ‘Get started on Payroll’ option.
- You may be using a different payroll service or opting to do it manually.
- With these steps, you can fully transfer your payroll requirements with impeccable QuickBooks Payroll software.
- Type in the details about the company from its contact details to the business type and industry.
- Now provide bank details in the space provided that will be used for paying employees (in case of Direct Deposits) and taxes.
- Also, provide routing and account numbers against the field indicated. Now click on ‘Continue’.
- Add in the employees for which payroll is set up.
- Type in their names as well as the date of hire.
- Now put in more personal details of the employees in the field indicative of the same.
- Click on the ‘Enter a Pay Schedule’ tab.
- On the Pay Schedule screen type in the payment details like how often you wish to pay the employees along with the next date for the pay.
- These settings can be used for any one employee or all the employees, as per your preference.
- Now click on the ‘Done’ tab.
- Give the amount details of the employees and their salaries.
- Now in this screen, you need to provide the deductions faced by the employees and then select the ‘Done’ tab.
- Once you have accorded all the required details of the employees you will be taken to another section named ‘Compliance’ after clicking on the ‘Next’ tab.
- In this new screen, you will be asked for your company’s tax details so that the correct tax report can be formed for in-time tax payment.
- In this last section type in the details of the principal officer of the company.
- This is done so that proper verification can be done with the principal officer to avoid fraud.
The QuickBooks Payroll is one-of-a-kind software that can easily integrate with the QuickBooks accounting software which accords enhanced services for both software.
What type of businesses use QuickBooks Payroll?
QuickBooks Payroll works for small as well as mid-sized businesses from accountants and financial experts to nonprofits, restaurants, and construction companies
How many employees can use QuickBooks Payroll?
Generally, you and you can have 1 more employee who can use QuickBooks Payroll but according to the plan that you choose you can use as many as you wish to use.
Can QuickBooks provide assistance to set up my Payroll?
Yes, absolutely payroll experts are always available to assist you as well as guide you during your payroll setup.
Get instant assistance with QuickBooks accounting software. Our QuickBooks experts are available 24x7 and resolve issues within minimum turnaround time. We support both US & Canada Editions of QuickBooks Software.We get help you on these QuickBooks accounting topics
- Import and Export
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Upgrade & Update
- Payroll Solutions
- Data Recovery and many more.