But oftentimes people find themselves in a lurch and thus look for “How to edit reconciliation in QuickBooks”. When your business financial transactions don’t match with the bank then it becomes all more important for you to reconcile your entries.
Though, we must say that reconciliation itself is a highly boring task, as it requires your undivided attention to fix your issue. In one sense you cannot go wrong here.
Read about Reconciliation in QuickBooks
Reconciliation is not a one-time process; you can do the edits as many times as you want until you see corrected and matching figures. Thus to re-reconcile your already reconciled QuickBooks entry, you can do one of the following two things:
- Edit your reconciled entry,
- Undo reconciliation and do the reconciliation again.
Though we will cover both methods in detail, one thing is for sure it is highly crucial that you follow the practice to reconcile your entries every single month. Matching entries with your bank allows you to track every financial that you did over a month. Moreover, it also helps you to find and correct any discrepancies that you might have.
Steps on How to Edit Reconciliation in QuickBooks
First thing first, let’s check out how to edit reconciliation in QuickBooks. If you have already reconciled an entry in QuickBooks previously and now have found the mistake again, then you have the privilege to do the reconciliation again. Here is the step-by-step process on how you can do that.
- Launch your QuickBooks program and navigate to the company.
- From the top navigation bar choose the settings icon.
- You will see a drop-down list, choose the reconciliation tab from the options.
- A reconciliation window will appear.
- Scroll down and you will find the reconciliation history tab.
- Choose the date range for which you want to see reconciliation entries.
- There is quite a possibility that you don’t see the reconciliation history and reports tab.
- If you have re-reconciled or changed any entry in the past like the one given below then all the changes can be easily tracked from the changes tab.
- The amount of an entry you have changed in the past.
- Status of any existing entry changed etc.
- To make any edits to your already reconciled transaction, click on the change tab.
- Change any element that will allow you to match your entry with the bank. Make the necessary changes and hit the save option.
- Exit the currently displayed window.
- What you will now see is the same tab that appeared before making any changes. Refresh the window and your changes will come to life.
- If you have any further entries that you need to edit then follow the same steps and all your entries will be re-reconciled.
- Once you are done, choose to close the window and make an exit.
With the help of the above-given steps, you will be able to resolve your query “How to edit a reconciliation in QuickBooks.” easily. If there are still some transactions left that you are not able to reconcile no matter what, then we would suggest un-reconciling everything for that transaction and doing the reconciliation again. This will help you clear the cloud of doubt and you will be able to start from scratch.
How to Un-reconcile in QuickBooks
There sometimes remains a lot of issues when you have done reconciliation in parts. Thus the best thing would be to un-reconciled your entry and do the reconciliation again. Believe it or not, this can actually help you figure out errors easily. Though we have a dedicated section on how to unreconcile in QuickBooks here is what all needs to be done.
Steps to Un-reconcile in QuickBooks
Before moving forward and unreconciling your transaction, it’s best to take note of every discrepancy you are facing. This will only help you in rectifying your error, the next time you do the reconciliation. To do this, simply click on the locate discrepancies option and a report related to all the errors will be generated.
- Click on the settings tab,
- Choose the banking menu, and click on reconcile now button.
- Now choose the tab that says choose to undo previous reconciliation. This will now undo your previously done reconciliation for that entry.
But, if you are still not able to figure out how to edit reconciliation in QuickBooks then you should talk to our experts. You can even give us a call at our QuickBooks Consultant and talk to our Experts now.