When your business financial transactions don’t match with the bank then it becomes all more important for you to reconcile your entries. Though, we must say that reconciliation itself is a highly boring task, as it requires your undivided attention to fix your issue. In one sense you cannot go wrong here. But often time’s people find themselves in a lurch and thus look for “How to edit reconciliation in QuickBooks”.
The Easy Way: How to edit reconciliation in QuickBooks?
Reconciliation is not a one-time process; you can do the edits as many times as you want until you see a corrected and matching figures. Thus to re-reconcile your already reconciled QuickBooks entry, you can do one of the following two things:
- Edit your reconciled entry,
- Undo and do the reconciliation again.
Though we will cover both the methods in details, but one thing for sure that it is highly crucial that you follow the practice to reconcile your entries every single month. Matching entries with your bank allows you to track your every financial that you did over a month. Moreover, it also helps you to find and correct any discrepancies that you might have.
Steps on how to edit reconciliation in QuickBooks:
First thing first, let’s check out how to edit reconciliation in QuickBooks. If you have already reconciled an entry in QuickBooks previously and now have found the mistake again, then you have the privilege to do the reconciliation again. Here is the step by step process on how you can do that.
- Launch your QuickBooks program and navigate to the company.
- From the top navigation bar choose the settings icon.
- You will see a drop down list, choose reconciliation tab from the options.
- A reconciliation window will appear. Scroll down and you will find reconciliation history tab. Choose the date range for which you want to see reconciliation entries. There is quite a possibility that you don’t see reconciliation history and reports tab. If this so happens then dial 1800-940-7442 and get help immediately.
- If you have re-reconciled or changed any entry in the past like the once given below then all the changes can be easily tracked from the changes tab.
- The amount of an entry you have changed in the past.
- Status of any existing entry changed etc.
- To make any edits to your already reconciled transaction, click on the change tab.
- Change any element that will allow you to match your entry with the bank. Make the necessary changes and hit the save option.
- Exit the currently displayed window.
- What you will now see is the same tab that appeared before making any changes. Refresh the window and your changes will come to life.
- If you have any further entries that you need to edit then follow the same steps and all your entries will be re-reconciled.
- Once you are done, choose to close the window and make an exit.
With the help of above-given steps, you will be able to resolve your query “How to edit a reconciliation in QuickBooks.” easily. If there are still some transactions left that you are not able to reconcile no matter what, then we would suggest un-reconciling everything for that transaction and do the reconciliation again. This will help you clear the cloud of doubt and you will be able to start from scratch.
How to unreconcile in QuickBooks?
There sometimes remains a lot of issues when you have done reconciliation in parts. Thus the best thing would be to unreconcile your entry and do the reconciliation again. Believe it or not, this can actually help you figure out error easily. Though we have a dedicated section on how to unreconcile in QuickBooks here is what all needs to be done.
Steps to unreconcile in QuickBooks:
Before moving forward and unreconciling your transaction, it’s best to take a note of every discrepancy you are facing. This will only help you in rectifying your error, the next time you do the reconciliation. To do this, simply click on the locate discrepancies option and a report related to all the errors will be generated.
- Click on the settings tab,
- Choose the banking menu, and click on reconcile now button.
- Now choose the tab that says choose to undo previous reconciliation. This will now undo your previously done reconciliation for that entry.
If you have followed everything step correctly then you should have no more reconciliation to be done. But, if you are still not able to figure out how to edit reconciliation in QuickBooks then you should talk to our experts. Our Quickbooks proadvisors remain available 24/7, thus you can wait no more and call us now.
Still in Doubt…!
Request a Call Back
Talk to our Quickbooks Proadvisor and resolve your issue over a phone call.