In order to match the bank transactions with that of the software recorded transactions, user will be required to perform bank reconciliation process. However, even after performing this function monthly, at times the recorded transaction still does not get matched. Thus they are then required to undo specific entries, but at times people don’t know how to undo a reconciliation in QuickBooks, and this is where QuickBooks support comes in.
By knowing how to undo a previous reconciliation in QuickBooks you can easily make an adjustment and rectify any previous error within your program. If the user is employing QuickBooks Desktop version, they can unreconcile in just one single step, however, those with QuickBooks Online will be required to unreconcile all transactions individually.
How to Undo a Reconciliation In QuickBooks Desktop?
Users who are working with QuickBooks Desktop version for QuickBooks Pro or Premier, undo of reconciliation process can be done within one step as listed below:
- Open the software and access the bank screen.
- Navigate and click on “Reconcile Now” tab.
- Lastly select the option of “Undo Last Reconciliation”.
But before proceeding with undoing of reconciliation, it is better to locate discrepancies and make a list of them in order to avoid getting the same errors.
How to Undo a Bank Reconciliation in QuickBooks Online?
Under QuickBooks Online version, all the transactions are reconciled one by one so to undo this process user will have to make changes for each transactions one by one. For this they need to follow steps below:
- Click on “Registers” from the menu under Banking options.
- Now select that account from the drop down menu of Register Name that has to be unreconcile.
- Select the transaction that has to be unreconciled.
- Now click on “R” at the top of the transaction to delete as well as change the status to unreconciled.
To Undo or Unreconcile Transactions one by one…
- Select and click on the Gear icon at the top of the screen, Followed by the Chart of accounts option.
- Next locate the row required to be changed and then click on View Register tab.
- Navigate to the recorded transaction that has to be edited and then move to column labeled Reconcile Status. Now select the entire top row of the transaction and continue to do so till the status of the transaction has not been changed.
- If the field is labeled with a C, then it indicates transaction as cleared.
- If the field is labeled with an R, then it indicates transaction as reconciled.
- In case the field is left blank, then it is indicated as neither cleared nor reconciled.
- Now click on Save tab.
Undo the entire reconciliation
If the user is required to undo an entire list of reconciliation, then they will have to pick and edit each and every transaction one by one. For this they can either take assistance of reconciliation report or the bank statement in order to verify the transactions that have to be edited. Any and all adjustment entries created have to be deleted as well.
Dial us 1800-865-4183 and get instant phone support.
If performed correctly the mentioned method will sure answer your query “how to Undo A Reconciliation In QuickBooks”. However even this is possible that the user might encounter issues due to technical changes within the software.
In this case the best option is to connect with our 24/7 technical support phone number and ask for help over phone. Thus wait no longer and sort your issues now.