In order to match the bank transactions with that of the software recorded transactions, the user will be required to perform the bank reconciliation process. Thus they are then required to undo specific entries, but at times people don’t know “how to undo a reconciliation in QuickBooks“, and this is where QuickBooks Consultant comes in.
However, even after performing this function monthly, at times the recorded transaction still does not get matched. By knowing how to undo a previous reconciliation in QuickBooks you can easily make an adjustment and rectify any previous error within your program. If the user is employing the QuickBooks Desktop version, they can unreconcile in just one single step, however, those with QuickBooks Online will be required to unreconcile all transactions individually.
How to Undo a Reconciliation In QuickBooks Desktop
For users who are working with the QuickBooks Desktop version for QuickBooks Pro or Premier, the undoing of the reconciliation process can be done within one step as listed below.
- Open the software and access the bank screen.
- Navigate and click on the “Reconcile Now” tab.
- Lastly, select the option of “Undo Last Reconciliation”.
But before proceeding with the undoing of reconciliation, it is better to locate discrepancies and make a list of them in order to avoid getting the same errors.
How to Undo a Bank Reconciliation in QuickBooks Online?
Under QuickBooks Online version, all the transactions are reconciled one by one so to undo this process user will have to make changes for each transaction one by one. For this, they need to follow the steps below.
- Click on “Registers” from the menu under Banking options.
- Now select that account from the drop-down menu of Register Name that has to be unreconcile.
- Select the transaction that has to be unreconciled.
- Now click on “R” at the top of the transaction to delete as well as change the status to unreconciled.
To Undo or Unreconcile Transactions one by one
- Select and click on the Gear icon at the top of the screen, Followed by the Chart of accounts option.
- Next, locate the row required to be changed and then click on the View Register tab.
- Navigate to the recorded transaction that has to be edited and then move to the column labeled Reconcile Status. Now select the entire top row of the transaction and continue to do so till the status of the transaction has not been changed.
- If the field is labeled with a C, then it indicates the transaction as cleared.
- If the field is labeled with an R, then it indicates the transaction as reconciled.
- In case the field is left blank, then it is indicated as neither cleared nor reconciled.
- Now click on the Save tab.
If the user is required to undo an entire list of reconciliations, then they will have to pick and edit each and every transaction one by one. For this, they can either take the assistance of the reconciliation report or the bank statement in order to verify the transactions that have to be edited. Any and all adjustment entries created have to be deleted as well.
If performed correctly the mentioned method will sure answer your query “how to Undo A Reconciliation In QuickBooks” and fix the QuickBooks bank reconciliation issue. However, even this is possible that the user might encounter issues due to technical changes within the software.
In this case, the best option is to connect with our QuickBooks Consultant phone number and ask for help over the phone. Thus wait no longer and sort out your issues now.