There are many cases in which need to “Void and Reissue a check in QuickBooks“. In the case of damaged checks, users can simply print another check. Users who have lost the check need to recreate it. The process followed on either of these situations is remarkably different than just creating a new check. Thus if you are facing issues doing the same, then here is how to void and reissue a payroll check in QuickBooks.
- 1 Check in QuickBooks – Create, Print, Send, Void
- 2 How to Void and Reissue a Check in QuickBooks?
- 3 Voiding a Payroll Check after Reissuing it:
- 4 FAQ’s
- 4.1 How do I Issue a Replacement Check with a Different Check Number?
- 4.2 Do I perform the steps to Void the Initial Check if I have to Reissue a Check in QuickBooks?
- 4.3 How do I Balance the Register as i Voided the Check already in QuickBooks?
- 4.4 Is it possible to Void the Dummy Check to Balance the Check Register in QuickBooks?
- 4.5 What is the Procedure to Void a Check without Opening the Transaction in QuickBooks?
Check in QuickBooks – Create, Print, Send, Void
Fortunately, QuickBooks has many options that help users in these dire situations. Not only can users create, print, send, void and un-void checks but also analyze them through inbuilt reporting tools. Accounts and Taxes reports can be used for analyzing taxes created in a particular accounting period. You will not be able to analyze check for which the books have been closed. So, fire up QuickBooks and apply the appropriate method for resolving your issue.
How to Void and Reissue a Check in QuickBooks?
To void the old check and create a new one, follow the steps given below:
Total Time: 15 minutes
Steps to Void a Check in QuickBooks
🔹 Go to Banking from the left navigation panel
🔹 Select ‘Use Register’ and type in the check no. you want to void.
🔹 Hit on ‘Void’ check
🔹 Select Yes
Reissue a Check in QuickBooks
Create a new check with the same check number
🔹 Go to Create (+) Option.
🔹 Select Check under vendor
🔹 Select the customer you want to create the check for. You can also add new customers.
🔹 Enter Mailing address
🔹 Payment Date
🔹 Check No.: Enter the same check number that you want to void.
🔹 Enter the account to which the check is to be applied. Add description for the transaction and account.
🔹 Users can enter memo which will be displayed on the check
🔹 Select the type of account for which the check is being created
🔹 Click on Save
Voided checks are not deleted from QB. Instead, the amount of check is set to 0. Also, the check is recorded in the books as voided. This does not cause any imbalance in income and expense accounts which closing books. Further, this is preferred to deleting the check altogether, as by simply voiding a check, users is still able to track it on a later date.
For organizations that have recently shifted from traditional accounting to QuickBooks, can convert their paper checks into digital checks by entering the information provided on paper check in QB. For voiding this check, the aforementioned steps can be followed.
Voiding a Payroll Check after Reissuing it:
- Go to the Payroll Center
- Click on Void Paychecks
- Filter the checks according to your requirements. Checks can be filtered according to date and amount
- Hit Void against the paychecks you want to void.
QB will treat Payroll checks the same as all other checks. The total amount of check will be set to 0 and its status to void.
Just in Case: Follow the Steps given below to Unvoid a Voided Check.
- Go to Reports from the left navigation panel
- Select Accounts and Taxes
- Click on Voided Transactions
- Select the check you want to unvoid
- You already know that QB sets the amount for a voided check to 0. You can simply edit the check and enter the desired amount into it.
- Click on save and the check will be unvoided.
Hence, QuickBooks makes it easier for organizations to create, track, void and unvoid checks. Also, while sending the check, make sure to enter information about the voided check in the memo, reissue a check in QuickBooks. This will legally safeguard you against any false claims. Need any help and support Dial QuickBooks proadvisor support team or chat now.
How do I Issue a Replacement Check with a Different Check Number?
You can follow the below steps to issue a replacement check with a different check number:
● Initially, Go to the Employees section at the top menu bar
● Next, click Employee Center from the drop-down list
● Now, choose the employee name for whom you look to print a replacement paycheck
● In the top right corner, click on the “Quick Reports”
● Modify the date range to add the paycheck date
● After that, double-click on the paycheck that the employee lost
● Select the checkbox “Print Later” in the toolbar find above the toolbar
● Once done then hit the Print tab
● Enter the replacement paycheck number in the Print Paycheck window
● Finally, hit Ok to complete the process.
Do I perform the steps to Void the Initial Check if I have to Reissue a Check in QuickBooks?
Ans: Yes, you can void the initial check in QuickBooks if you need to issue a check in QuickBooks:
● Browse the Banking menu from the left navigation section
● Enter the check number to select the Use Register option that you wish to void
● Hit Void Check option followed by the Yes tab.
● The voided checks will not be decided from the QuickBooks Desktop but their amount will be nil.
● These checks will be categorized as the voided in a record.
● It is also preferred that you void the check rather than deleting the check altogether as you can also keep a track of the void check.
● This way you can void and reissue the check in QuickBooks.
How do I Balance the Register as i Voided the Check already in QuickBooks?
● First, open the check that you have created previously.
● Next, replace the check number so it coordinates with the lost check. ● After that, choose the More option which is available at the bottom and, then hit the Void option.
● At last, hit the Yes tab followed by the Ok button.
Is it possible to Void the Dummy Check to Balance the Check Register in QuickBooks?
Yes, you can void the dummy check in order to balance the check register in QuickBooks Desktop. Here’s how:
● Go to the Banking section at the top of QuickBooks software
● Select the Use Register and then choose an appropriate Bank Account that you’re using for the Payroll service
● From the Register, click Ok and then choose the Dummy Check
● Select the Void Check in the Edit section
● At last, select the Record option.
What is the Procedure to Void a Check without Opening the Transaction in QuickBooks?
● To start with opening the “Expenses” section.
● Locate the check that you want to void within the “Expense Transaction List” and, then select the “Void” option from the View/Edit drop-down menu.
● At last, hit yes to confirm that you want to void the check if asked.