Learn how to print general ledger report in QuickBooks and how to create journal entries for General Ledger.
In double-entry bookkeeping, the general ledger is used along with the journal and trial balance to keep track of transactions and create necessary financial statements. In QuickBooks, all transactions created by a user are automatically mapped to the corresponding journal and ledger accounts. The financial statements developed using a ledger are important for stakeholders to assess the health and performance of a business.
How to Create Journal Entries for General Ledger?
To create a journal entry for the general ledger, follow the steps provided below:
- Log into QuickBooks
- Click on + New
- Choose Journal Entry
- Enter the fields such as account, description, and debit/credit amount.
- Click on Save and Close or Save and New.
Only users familiar with accounting should create journal entries manually. Usually, whenever you enter a transaction into QuickBooks, it is automatically recorded in the Journal and Ledger. However, if you wish to enter the amounts manually or shift money between income and expense accounts, then you should create a journal entry manually in QuickBooks accounting software.
How to find the General Ledger Report?
To find the General Ledger Report, you can follow the steps provided below:
- Log into QuickBooks.
- From the Reports Menu, Choose the Standard tab.
- In the For my Accountant section, select General Ledger.
- Select a Date Range for the General Ledger Report.
- Select Customize and go through the Preferences.
Following these steps will create a general ledger report for a particular date range depending on your preferences. The transactions in the report have accounts, details, and the amount associated with them. The transactions are mapped, so you can edit any of them directly from the report.
How to Print a General Ledger in QuickBooks?
QuickBooks enables you to export and print as many reports as you’d like. The steps to print a general ledger in QuickBooks are provided below:
- From the aforementioned steps to create a General Ledger Report.
- Go to the Drop-Down menu on the upper right corner, and select Export to Excel.
- Download the File and Open it.
- Press CTRL + P to print the report.
You can also print the report directly from QuickBooks Online. Once you’ve created the report, simply click on the option to print.
If you encounter any problem while using QuickBooks, you can get in touch with our experts.