Learn how to print general ledger report in QuickBooks for General Ledger. In double-entry bookkeeping, the QuickBooks general ledger basic is used along with the journal and trial balance to keep track of transactions and create necessary financial statements.
In QuickBooks, all transactions created by a user are automatically mapped to the corresponding journal and ledger accounts. The financial statements developed using a ledger are important for stakeholders to assess the health and performance of a business.
How to Print General Ledger Report in QuickBooks
QuickBooks enables you to export and print as many reports as you’d like. You can also print the report directly from QuickBooks Online. Once you’ve created the report, simply click on the option to print. The steps to print a general ledger in QuickBooks are provided below. From the aforementioned steps to create a General Ledger Report.
How to Print General Ledger (monthly activity)
- Select General Ledger under Print Reports, Transaction Reports.
- Add a month and a year. (The last month accessed in the Enter Transactions screen will be used by default.)
- To print the complete General Ledger, leave the account range fields empty.
- Enter the starting and ending account numbers to print for a certain account range.
- Because the debits frequently don’t match the credit transactions for the requested range, entering an account range will almost always result in an out-of-balance error.
- The date of this report is not important.
- In other words, even if the transaction date is for a different month, any transaction entered during that month will be included on the report.
- Then you have to select Print, Begin Printing
- Now preview on the screen or you can select Print to Printer.
How to Print the Cumulative General Ledger (year-to-date activity)
- Select Cumulative General Ledger under Print Reports > Transaction Reports.
- Enter the From and To dates.
- The dates can span several months and must be within the same fiscal or calendar year.
- The date on this report is important.
- Choose Print, Start Printing.
- Choose Print to Printer or Preview on the screen.
How to Print a General Ledger with an Only Active Account in QuickBooks Desktop
- First, Go to Reports then List
- Now, click on Account List
- After that click on Customize Report, then search Active Status and click on OK
- From the Filters, search Active Status and tap OK
- Then click on Print and select Report option
- Finally, click on Print to print General Ledger.
If you encounter any problem while using QuickBooks, you can get in touch with QuickBooks help experts.
Get instant assistance with QuickBooks accounting software. Our QuickBooks experts are available 24x7 and resolve issues within minimum turnaround time. We support both US & Canada Editions of QuickBooks Software.We get help you on these QuickBooks accounting topics
- Import and Export
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Upgrade & Update
- Payroll Solutions
- Data Recovery and many more.