In this article, you learn how to “Print W2 Forms in QuickBooks” Online, QBO Payroll Enhanced, Intuit Online Payroll Enhanced, QBDT Payroll Assisted, and QBDT Payroll Standard or Enhanced.
Form W-2 is generally issued by the employer to every employee. The form is significant for many things like tax purposes, reporting, withholding, and fulfilling insurance needs for employees that are slightly different from those employed by an independent contractor. The form W2 which is the wage and tax statement of your employees is circulated to every person within the business. This is also submitted to federal and state agencies. The form also depicts the taxes of employees withheld for a said year.
Table of Contents
- 1 Use of W2 Forms in QuickBooks
- 2 How to Create W2 Forms in QuickBooks?
- 3 How to Print W2 Forms in QuickBooks?
- 4 How to Print W2 Forms in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted?
- 5 How to Print W2 Form in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Standard or Enhanced?
- 6 How to Print W2 Forms in QuickBooks Online?
- 7 How to Print w2 Form in QuickBooks Online Payroll Enhanced?
- 8 How to Print W2 Forms in Intuit Online Payroll Enhanced?
- 9 How to Print w2 Form in Intuit Online Full Service?
- 10 Details on the kind of Paper-ink to be used
- 11 View & Print Form W-2s through QuickBooks
- 12 FAQ’s
Use of W2 Forms in QuickBooks
W-2 forms have an integral role in QuickBooks. It consists of a social security report, Medicare taxes report, tax statement, and Employee’s salary paid report. This form is circulated by the Employee & IRS at the closing of a financial year. In this article, you will learn how to print w2 forms in QuickBooks. You will get insights into the printing procedure of the W2 form.
How to Create W2 Forms in QuickBooks?
Here is the list of instructions you have to follow to create W2 forms in QuickBooks:
- Select Employees, W-2s, and Payroll Tax Forms, then start processing Payroll Forms.
- Click on Annual Form W-2/W-3 wage & Tax Transmittal/Statement.
- Hit on Create Forms
- Below choose the Filing period for next Year.
- Fill out the Year for the W-2 forms you need to print
- Choose OK
- The message may display QuickBooks Desktop only stores one version per tax form.
- Hit on OK button
- You have to follow the instructions appearing on the screen to create the forms.
How to Print W2 Forms in QuickBooks?
You need to print W-2 and other tax forms for the Year prior subscribe to the QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted service. Before proceeding, you must know the requirements that will assist you in print w2 forms in QuickBooks.
Requirements need to print w2 in QuickBooks
There are many basic requirements you need to print w2 in QuickBooks. Thus before further following the steps, ensure that you have managed all the needed below:
- Ink: There is no requirement for a special link. It can easily print the W-2 on non-reflective black ink.
- Paper: Verify the paper is good and without any spots.
- Local Taxes: You can print many w2 pages when you have numerous local & state taxes
- Printer: The printer should be Consultanted by your system
- Subscription: You need an active QuickBooks payroll subscription to print w2.
How to Print W2 Forms in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted?
- Firstly discover the Payroll Tax Center.
- Select the Employee button for the Payroll Center
- Hit on the File forms option
- Select the View/Print forms & W-2s’
- Now write the payroll pin and then hit the OK button.
- Locate the W-2s option and then change the required Year
- Hit on the Employees field to choose all the employees
- You can even select some particular employees from the list of Employees.
- Now hit on the Open/Save Selected option.
- Once done, a print instruction window will display on the screen, and choose the preferred option as per requirement.
- After this, a message will display according to the selection.
- Now load the paper into the printer.
- After this, an adobe file will automatically display with w2 selections.
- Locate the file menu to hit on the Print button
- Get the printout of the W2 form from the printer.
How to Print W2 Form in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Standard or Enhanced?
You require choosing the paper to print w2 forms in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll standard or enhanced. Here require a blank perforated paper, 4-up paper, 3-up, and pre-printed W-2 forms to start the print procedure. Follow the steps:
- Open the latest updated QuickBooks Desktop
- Discover the ‘Employees’ drop-down option
- Choose the Payroll Tax forms & W-2s button and then hit on the Process Payroll form button
- Locate the File forms option
- Choose the Annual form W-3-Wage/Annual form W-2 & Transmittal option/Tax statement
- Once done, Hit on the Create form button
- Now open the window which says File Form
- If you do not discover the form, then it means the inactive mode is enabled, so there is a need to activate the form. Here are the steps:
- Locate Forms option
- Choose the Make a New Form Active button
- Hit the Federal button appearing in the State option
- Select the w2 form and then click the Add form button
- Process W-2s to display options
- Choose the All employees button, if you need to file the forms for all the Employees at once
- Select Employee’s last name, to and from, to file by batch
- Now fill the Year in the field which says Year and hit on OK button
- Now hit on Select employees
- It will automatically display Form W-3/W-2 Window
- Select the Employee you need to print as per the requirement
- Now locate the Review/Edit button to review the W-2 form
- Now hit on the Submit form button
- Once done, follow the instructions displayed on the screen to print the file.
How to Print W2 Forms in QuickBooks Online?
Generally, QuickBooks requires a payroll subscription to print W2 forms in QuickBooks. Following is the list of solutions for the Question depending on the payroll services.
- Open your QuickBooks
- Locate the Taxes option
- Select the Payroll tax button
- In the next step, discover the Forms section.
- Hit on the Annual Forms link
- Locate the drop-down button to choose a particular employee name or the All Employees button as per your choice
- Hit on the W-2 Copies B, C & 2 link
- Once chosen, choose Printable Employee Copies: Form W-2 Page
- Select the perfect period from the drop-down list on that page
- Hit on the View button to open the Adobe reader in a new window
- Choose the Print icon appearing in the Reader toolbar
- Select the Print option.
How to Print w2 Form in QuickBooks Online Payroll Enhanced?
Initially, you need to choose the paper. Follow the given method to select the page.
- Locate the Gear icon
- Choose Payroll settings.
- Click on the Preference option.
- Once done, hit on the Form Printing option appearing in the Preference tab.
- Click the option of how you need to print the form.
- Hit on OK button to choose the type
- Now proceed with other steps, view, and print the W-2 forms.
How to Print W2 Forms in Intuit Online Payroll Enhanced?
Follow the below-given steps carefully to print the w2 form in Intuit Online Payroll Enhanced:
- Initially, locate your setup to choose the paper.
- After that visit the preferences option
- Hit on the form printing button
- Select the required W-2 printing button
- Give a click to the OK option.
- View the print W-2 forms by following the process as done in the above steps
- Click Taxes & Forms
- Now locate the form and hit on Annual forms.
- Choose W-2, Copies B,C& 2
- Now view the form and then print it.
How to Print w2 Form in Intuit Online Full Service?
Choose the paper before printing the W2 form and then follow the given steps:
- Locate Tax records option
- Choose W-2 Copies B,C & 2
- After this, print the form for a particular employee.
- The instructions will get printed with copy B
- If it is re-print, then Enter Reissued Statement displayed at the top of the W-2 form.
Details on the kind of Paper-ink to be used
Type of Paper
The employee copies of Forms W-2 can be printed either on plain paper or perforated and they must be blank, not a pre-printed form.
The W-2 paper can be ordered from Intuit by dialing the toll-free phone Consultant number or at their website at Intuitmarket.com. This type is termed 3UP. In case you realize that the ordered paper is not the right one you can even get it exchanged by calling the same toll-free number to get the exchange process start as quickly as possible.
For that, you need to select the kind of paper that you will be using for W-2 printing inside your company payroll preferences.
- Select the Gear Icon -> Payroll Settings.
- Choose the Preferences list -> Click the Form Printing link.
- Select the perforated or plain paper -> Click Ok.
- Settings for plain paper for W 2 form are such that:
- The address of the employee should be seen from the displayed screen,
- Standard number 10, business envelope. It should be of dimension like (4-1/8″ by 9-1/2″, and it has to be a left-aligned window.
- Perforated paper settings for Form W2 should have the addresses of both sides be it the employer or the employee.
Type of Ink that you can use:
No special ink is required to print out your W2 and W3 forms. The ink is accepted by the IRS to print all fields present in the complete forms in non-reflective ink.
View & Print Form W-2s through QuickBooks
- Go to Taxes -> Payroll Tax.
- Moving to the Forms section -> Click the Annual Forms link.
- Choose either All Employees or a specific employee name by clicking on the drop-down menu given.
- Choose the W-2 and copies B/C & 2 link as this will allow you to print employee copies: Right from the Form W-2 page.
- Make your selection by clicking on the drop-down button.
- Click View -> choose to start Adobe Reader in a new window.
- Select the print icon on the Reader toolbar to print.
- In case you face a problem in printing, choose to have a problem viewing or printing forms from the link.
- Archive the W-2 on the Printable Employee Copies: Form W-2 page.
- Ensure that box 13 is checked for the right employees by using the requirements to update your Box 13.
Hopefully, the above blog is helpful for you! If you face any doubts while implementing the given information, then call QuickBooks Consultant. The professional team is there for you to clear out all your doubts. They will take authority over your issues and provide you with the best resolution. You can chat with one of the team members via live chat or drop an email with your questions.
Can Print w2 on Plain Paper from QuickBooks?
Yes, you can print and distribute W-2 forms to your employees on plain paper.
How do I Print Employee w2 in QuickBooks Online?
● From QuickBooks Online, Go to the Taxes tab and Payroll Tax section.
● Under the forms section, click on Annual Forms.
● Click w2, Copies B, C & 2 to open the printable employee copies.
● Select view to open the printable forms and click the Printer icon.
Can I Print my w2 From ADP?
When your current employer has given you online access to view your pay information, you can log into login.adp.com to view your W-2 online.
How do I Print Pre w2 Forms in QuickBooks?
● Choose employees-Payroll Center.
● Click the File Forms Tab.
● Click View/Print Forms & w2s.
● Enter your payroll pin.
Can a w2 be handwritten?
A handwritten W-2 is Ok to use. Your employer is required to file the w2 with the IRS.