Print w2 in QuickBooks without payroll subscription
Form W-2 is generally issued by the employer to every employee. The form is significant for many things like tax purpose, reporting, withholding and fulfill insurance needs for employees that are slightly different from those are employed by an independent contractor. The form W2 which is the wage and tax statement of your employees is circulated to every person within the business. This is also submitted to federal and State agencies. The form also depicts the taxes of employees withheld for a said year.
Details on the kind of paper-ink to be used.
Type of Paper:
The employee copies of Forms W-2 can be printed either on plain paper or perforated and it must be blank, not a pre-printed form.
The W-2 paper can be ordered from Intuit by dialing the toll-free phone support number (800) 433-8810 or at their website at Intuitmarket.com. This type is termed as 3UP. In case you realize that the ordered paper is not the right one you can even get it exchanged by calling the same toll free number to get the exchange process start as quick as possible.
For that, you need to select the kind of paper that you will be using for W-2 printing inside your company payroll preferences.
- Select the Gear Icon -> Payroll Settings.
- Choose the Preferences list -> Click the Form Printing link.
- Select the perforated or plain paper -> Click Ok.
- Settings for plain paper for W 2 form are such that:
- The address of the employee should be seen from the displayed screen,
- Standard number 10, business envelope. It should be of the dimension like (4-1/8″ by 9-1/2″, and it has to be left-aligned window.
- Perforated paper settings for Form W2 should have the addresses of both the sides be it the employer or the employee.
Type of Ink that you can use:
No special ink is required to print out your W2 and W3 forms. The ink is accepted by the IRS to print all fields present in the complete forms in non-reflective ink. For more info. click here.
View & Print Form W-2s through QuickBooks:
- Go to Taxes -> Payroll Tax.
- Moving to the Forms section -> Click the Annual Forms link.
- Choose either All Employees or a specific employee name by clicking on the drop down menu given.
- Choose the W-2 and copies B/C & 2 link as this will allow you to print employee copies: Right from the Form W-2 page.
- Make your selection by clicking on the drop down button.
- Click View -> choose to start Adobe Reader in a new window.
- Select the print icon on the Reader toolbar to print.
- In case you face problem in printing, choose to have problem viewing or printing forms from the link.
- Archive the W-2 on the Printable Employee Copies: Form W-2 page.
- Ensure that the box 13 is checked for the right employees by using the requirements to update your Box 13.
In case you face more trouble you can contact QuickBooks customer support by calling the toll free number. For any further query, write to us in the comment section below.
Still in Doubt…!
Request a Call Back
Talk to our Quickbooks Proadvisor and resolve your issue over a phone call.