In order to Remove QuickBooks Duplicate List Elements you will have to go through the following steps
- First you will have to resort every list.
- In order to resort the list you will have to select the list from the list tab you want to resort.
- Now from the top navigation bar click on view tab and then click on the Resort list tab.
- If you have more items to resort then close the one you just resorted and choose another one and then click view > Resort list. Continue if you have more items.
- Now exit from quickbooks and then reopen then software again.
- Run your data through the verify data tool. Now you should have your duplicate items removed.
- If you still face issue and continue to have the same error again then you will need to search Qbwin.log file to identify duplicate items.
- To search the log file, do the following:
- Within your quickbooks company file, press F2 on the keyboard. This will open up your product info window.
- Now press command+2 if you are using mac or Ctrl+ 2 if you are on windows. This will open up your technical help dialogue box.
- From there click Open file button.
- Now Qbwin.log file will appear. Double click on that or you can even right click on the file and hit open.
- Now press Ctrl+F to open up the find dialogue box.
- Enter the name or the account that was being displayed when you were getting the duplicate error message.
- Once you find the account, now open it and the edit window will appear.
- In order to remove the delicacy issues, you would have to give it a different name that is unique from other accounts.
- Click ok when done.
- If you have more duplicate items then edit them the same way.
- When all is done then do the verify data test and you will be able to resolve your issue.
You can even give us a call at our QuickBooks error support team and talk to our Proadvisor now or you can also chat with our experts to fix QuickBooks Duplicate List Elements.