Error 1712 is encountered when installing QuickBooks Desktop for Windows and the installation takes place in your Windows system. This happens when your system won’t have the files that are required for the QuickBooks installation or any other work.
What is QuickBooks Error 1712
Error code 1712. Many of the files of QuickBooks have to be restored to the previous state as they won’t be found. The restoration is not possible. Issues that you may face when seeing error 1712 when installing QuickBooks. These may include…
- The screen may turn blue when the error occurs.
- Shutting down the computer becomes difficult.
- You may face input/output errors.
- HTTP errors may also occur.
The error message displayed on your screen is as follows:-
We are sorry! Something went wrong with your installation.
Error 1712– One or more of the files required to restore from your computer
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Error 1712
For this, you must know the reason that is why this error is encountered in your account. The list is mentioned so that you can identify your reason for QuickBooks error 1712.
- The error creates a barrier between the program and the computer.
- The program or the computer might be on the antivirus blacklist that is why the error 1712 continues to pop up.
- The error may also appear after installation or un-installation of any program that requires your PC to be rebooted.
- The error may also come up when you try to install QuickBooks in a corrupted or encrypted folder.
- This error may affect the performance of your PC or even the screen may get a fridge.
What is the Reason for QuickBooks Error 1712
- Overlapped Installation: sometimes you may try to install the newer version of the software without uninstalling the older version.
- Registry Error: sometimes error 1712 may arise because of the corruption of the registry.
- Virus Attack: another major cause of the occurrence of the error is because of a malicious attack or any malicious program that affects the system files that are related to the software.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1712
The solution is also mentioned below so that you can fix the issue on your own. So, you have to take some action and resolve it.
Solution 1: Close all the Processes Running in the Background
- Initially, press the keys Ctrl + Alt + Delete together
- It shows you a window from which you have to choose the Task Manager option
- Then the Task Manager window opens up
- Go to the Processes tab
- Then right-click on the QuickBooks process to select it
- After that, click on the End process button below in the Task Manager window
- After all, restart your system that saves all the changes and it refreshes the system.
Solution 2: Using QuickBooks Tools Hub
You must close QuickBooks in order to use the tool hub.
Step 1: Download and install the QuickBooks Tools Hub
The QuickBooks Tool Hub helps in correcting common errors. To use the tool hub, you must close QuickBooks. We advise using Tool Hub on Windows 10, 64-bit, for the best experience.
- Firstly, you have to close QuickBooks.
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub‘s latest version.
- Save the file in a location where you can find it quickly, such as your Windows desktop or Downloads folder.
- Open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file you downloaded.
- To install and accept the terms and conditions, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Double-click the icon on your Windows desktop to launch the tool hub after the installation is complete.
Step 2: Run the Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tools Hub
- Select Program Problems from the QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- Then you have to choose Quick Fix my Program.
If it didn’t solve the problem, add or make a Windows user with administrator rights, then try installing QuickBooks.
Solution 3: Modify the Data Path of the Application in the Registry
- Go to the Start menu button
- Then click on the search field
- In the search box, type regedit.exe
- After that, you have to search for the path HKEY_CURRENT_USERoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerUser Shell Folders
- On the entry app data, you have to double-click on it
- Now do replace the original value with the local profile path to get it done
- In the end, you have to restart your system and then check QuickBooks for the error.
Solution 4: Download and install the QuickBooks Desktop Again in your System
- Download the software from the Quality source
- Then go to the installation file in the Downloads folder in your system
- Double-click on the file to start the installation
- Then follow the instructions shown to you
- Click on the Next button until you get the Finish button
- Now the installation is completed
- So, you can open QuickBooks and check for the error.
Solution 5- Update the Windows system
- Go to the Windows Start menu option
- Then click on the gear icon that is the settings option
- It opens up the Settings window
- In this window, click on the Update and Security option
- Then from the left side navigation bar, click on the Windows update
- Click on the button Check for updates
- It takes a few minutes to find out whether updates are available or not
- If available then it shows you over there
- Click on get update to download it and then install it
- After that, it takes some time to update your system, and then you are done.
If you still find the error, then please contact our QuickBooks error consultant Helpdesk they will help you to resolve the error 1712.
Does this also cause due to firewall or antivirus installed in the system?
Yes, this error can also be caused due to a firewall or antivirus issue. As both have the settings so that they won’t block QuickBooks as a suspicious or wrong activity.
What is error code 1712 on Mac?
Essentially the error -1712 is an AppleEvent timed out error. A restart of your computer should usually fix this problem if you haven’t done it in a while. An ‘overabundance’ of processes running simultaneously might likewise result in the error -1712. Close/exit all other computer programs!
Get instant assistance with QuickBooks accounting software. Our QuickBooks experts are available 24x7 and resolve issues within minimum turnaround time. We support both US & Canada Editions of QuickBooks Software.We get help you on these QuickBooks accounting topics
- Import and Export
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Upgrade & Update
- Payroll Solutions
- Data Recovery and many more.