QuickBooks Error 1712 encountered in your QuickBooks Desktop when the installation takes place in your Windows system. This happens when your system won’t have the files that are required for the QuickBooks installation or any other work.
The error message display on your screen is as follows:-
We are sorry! Something went wrong with your installation. Error code 1712. Many of the files of QuickBooks have to be restored to the previous state as it won’t found. The restoration is not possible.
So, you have to take some action and resolved it. For this, you must know about the reason that is why this error is encountered in your account. The list is mentioned so that you can identify your reason for QuickBooks error 1712. The solution is also mentioned below so that you can do fix the issue on your own.
- 1 QuickBooks Error 1712: Fault
- 2 How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1712?
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
QuickBooks Error 1712: Fault
Issues that you may face when see Error 1712 when installing QuickBooks. These may include:
- The screen may turn blue when the error occurs.
- Shutting down the computer becomes difficult.
- You may face input/output error.
- HTTP error may also occur.
What is the Causes of QuickBooks Error 1712?
- The error creates a barrier between the program and the computer. The program or the computer might be on the antivirus blacklist that is why the error 1712 continues to pop up. This is basically the reason behind the error.
- The error may also appear after installation or un-installation of any program that requires your PC to be rebooted. The error may also come up when you try to install QuickBooks in a corrupted or encrypted folder. This error may affect the performance of your PC or even the screen may get a fridge.
What is the Reason QuickBooks Error 1712?
- Overlapped Installation: sometimes you may try to install the newer version of the software without uninstalling the older version.
- Registry Error: sometimes the error 1712 may arise because of the corruption of the registry.
- Virus Attack: another major cause of the occurrence of the error is because of the malicious attack or any malicious program that affects the system files that are related to the software.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1712?
Here get the solution steps to fix the Error 1712 when installing QuickBooks for Desktop. Follow the below mention steps and resolve the issue.
Solution 1: Close all the Processes Running in the Background
- Initially, press the keys Ctrl+Alt+Delete together
- it shows you a window from which you have to choose the Task Manager option
- Then the Task Manager window opens up
- Go to the Processes tab
- Then right-click on the QuickBooks process to select it
- After that, click on the End process button below in the Task Manager window
- After all, restart your system that saves all the changes and it refreshes the system.
Solution 2: QuickBooks install Diagnostic Tool
- First of all, download the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool in your system
- Then do install it in your system for using to resolve the issue
- After that, you have to close all other programs running on your system
- Open the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- In this, there is an option says I am having problems installing QuickBooks then select it and click on the OK button to proceed
- In the end, reboot your system and save all the changes that you just did.
Solution 3: Modify the Data Path of the Application in the Registry
- Go to the Start menu button
- Then click on the search field
- In the search box, type regedit.exe
- After that, you have to search for the path HKEY_CURRENT_USERoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerUser Shell Folders
- On the entry app data, you have to double-click on it
- Now do replace the original value with the local profile path to get it done
- In the end, you have to restart your system and then check the QuickBooks for the error.
Solution 4: Download and install the QuickBooks Desktop Again in your System
- Download the software from the Quality source
- Then go to the installation file in the Downloads folder in your system
- Double-click on the file to start the installation
- Then follow the instructions shown to you
- Click on the Next button until you get the Finish button
- Now the installation is completed
- So, you can open the QuickBooks and check for the error.
If you still find the error, then please contact our QuickBooks Support Helpdesk they will help you to resolve the error 1712.
Frequently Asked Questions
1️⃣ Does this also cause due to firewall or antivirus installed in the system?
Yes, this error can also be caused due to the firewall or antivirus issue. As both have the settings so that they won’t block QuickBooks as a suspicious or wrong activity.
2️⃣ What is the correct source for Downloading the QuickBooks Desktop?
You can download it from the intuit website that is the best quality source to have the software.
3️⃣ Is the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool resolves the error?
Yes, it resolves the error because it is the automatic tool that easily resolves many of your issues.