It is quite normal to come across an error while working with an operating system. Here we will discuss QuickBooks Error 1712. This is one of the most common errors. Let us discuss the possible reasons and solutions for this error. The error message pops up whenever there is any problem with the operating system. The message pops up to surprise you and does not contain any relevant information on how to fix the problem.
QuickBooks Error 1712: Fault
Issues that you may face when see Error 1712 when installing QuickBooks. These may include:
- The screen may turn blue when the error occurs.
- Shutting down the computer becomes difficult.
- You may face input/output error.
- HTTP error may also occur.
Cause for the error:
- The error creates a barrier between the program and the computer. The program or the computer might be on the antivirus blacklist that is why the error 1712 continues to pop up. This is basically the reason behind the error.
- The error may also appear after installation or un-installation of any program that requires your PC to be rebooted. The error may also come up when you try to install QuickBooks in a corrupted or encrypted folder. This error may affect the performance of your PC or even the screen may get a fridge.
Reasons for the error:
- Overlapped Installation: sometimes you may try to install the newer version of the software without uninstalling the older version.
- Registry Error: sometimes the error 1712 may arise because of the corruption of the registry.
- Virus Attack: another major cause of the occurrence of the error is because of the malicious attack or any malicious program that affects the system files that are related to the software.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1712❓
The error interrupts the working of the QuickBooks software so it is always advisable to fix QuickBooks Error 1712 as soon as possible to reduce the loss and downtime of work. The user of the software is unable to use the data through the software so quick fixing the error at an earliest is a necessity. Here are the steps to fix the error.
Total Time: 32 minutes
✅ Put an end to the error at the task manager.
✔ On your keyboard press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
✔ On the QuickBooks press right click and then select Go to Process.
✔ Click on the End process button and then close the process from the task manager.
✔ Now restart your computer.
✅ Install the QuickBooks software after downloading it.
✔ Download the software from the official QuickBooks download page.
✔ After choosing the option “Change”, select the product edition.
✔ For the version select the 2017 version from the version column.
✔ Select the download button and download it.
✔ Now click start button of windows and search for “Regedit.exe”.
✔ In “Regedit” search for the below-mentioned path.
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerUser Shell Folders
✔ On the “AppData” click twice or double-click it.
✔ The original values should be replaced with your own profile path.
✔ Restart your computer and look for the errors.
✅ The error 1712 can also be fixed with QuickBooks diagnostic tool.
✔ You can download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from the official website of Intuit.
✔ On your computer install this diagnostic tool.
✔ While running the QB diagnostic tool all the system application and background application must be closed.
✔ After opening the diagnostic tool search for the option “I am having a problem installing QuickBooks” select it and then click “Ok”.
✔ Restart your machine to see whether the changes made were correct.
Dial for QuickBooks Support: 1800-865-4183.
If you still find the error, then please contact our QuickBooks Support Helpdesk, they will help you to resolve the error 1712.