“QuickBooks Error 1712” is encountered in your QuickBooks Desktop when the installation takes place in your Windows system. This happens when your system won’t have the files that are required for the QuickBooks installation or any other work.
What is QuickBooks Error 1712
Error code 1712. Many of the files of QuickBooks have to be restored to the previous state as they won’t be found. The restoration is not possible. Issues that you may face when seeing error 1712 when installing QuickBooks. These may include…
- The screen may turn blue when the error occurs.
- Shutting down the computer becomes difficult.
- You may face input/output errors.
- HTTP errors may also occur.
The error message displayed on your screen is as follows:-
We are sorry! Something went wrong with your installation.
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Error 1712
For this, you must know the reason that is why this error is encountered in your account. The list is mentioned so that you can identify your reason for QuickBooks error 1712.
- The error creates a barrier between the program and the computer.
- The program or the computer might be on the antivirus blacklist that is why the error 1712 continues to pop up.
- The error may also appear after installation or un-installation of any program that requires your PC to be rebooted.
- The error may also come up when you try to install QuickBooks in a corrupted or encrypted folder.
- This error may affect the performance of your PC or even the screen may get a fridge.
What is the Reason for QuickBooks Error 1712
- Overlapped Installation: sometimes you may try to install the newer version of the software without uninstalling the older version.
- Registry Error: sometimes error 1712 may arise because of the corruption of the registry.
- Virus Attack: another major cause of the occurrence of the error is because of a malicious attack or any malicious program that affects the system files that are related to the software.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1712
The solution is also mentioned below so that you can fix the issue on your own. So, you have to take some action and resolve it.
Solution 1: Close all the Processes Running in the Background
- Initially, press the keys Ctrl+Alt+Delete together
- It shows you a window from which you have to choose the Task Manager option
- Then the Task Manager window opens up
- Go to the Processes tab
- Then right-click on the QuickBooks process to select it
- After that, click on the End process button below in the Task Manager window
- After all, restart your system that saves all the changes and it refreshes the system.
Solution 2: QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- First of all, download QuickBooks install the diagnostic tool in your system
- Then do install it in your system for users to resolve the issue
- After that, you have to close all other programs running on your system
- Open the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- In this, there is an option that says I am having problems installing QuickBooks then select it and click on the OK button to proceed
- In the end, reboot your system and save all the changes that you just did.
Solution 3: Modify the Data Path of the Application in the Registry
- Go to the Start menu button
- Then click on the search field
- In the search box, type regedit.exe
- After that, you have to search for the path HKEY_CURRENT_USERoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerUser Shell Folders
- On the entry app data, you have to double-click on it
- Now do replace the original value with the local profile path to get it done
- In the end, you have to restart your system and then check QuickBooks for the error.
Solution 4: Download and install the QuickBooks Desktop Again in your System
- Download the software from the Quality source
- Then go to the installation file in the Downloads folder in your system
- Double-click on the file to start the installation
- Then follow the instructions shown to you
- Click on the Next button until you get the Finish button
- Now the installation is completed
- So, you can open QuickBooks and check for the error.
If you still find the error, then please contact our QuickBooks Error Consultant Helpdesk they will help you to resolve the error 1712.
Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
Does this also cause due to firewall or antivirus installed in the system?
Yes, this error can also be caused due to a firewall or antivirus issue. As both have the settings so that they won’t block QuickBooks as a suspicious or wrong activity.
Is the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool resolve the error?
Yes, it resolves the error because it is the automatic tool that easily resolves many of your issues.
How to update the Windows system to fix QuickBooks error 1712?
● Go to the Windows Start menu option
● Then click on the gear icon that is the settings option
● It opens up the Settings window
● In this window, click on the Update and Security option
● Then from the left side navigation bar, click on the Windows update
● Click on the button Check for updates
● It takes a few minutes to find out whether updates are available or not
● If available then it shows you over there
● Click on get update to download it and then install it
● After that, it takes some time to update your system, and then you are done.
What are the steps to give admin access to QuickBooks in your Windows system to resolve QuickBooks error 1712?
● Firstly, close the QuickBooks Desktop account
● Open the Control Panel from the Windows Start menu
● In the Control Panel window, click on the User Accounts
● Search for the QBDataServiceUserXX. XX is the version of QuickBooks database according to the version of QuickBooks you are using
● Choose the option Change the account type
● Then select the Administrator
● After that, click on the Change Account type
● When done, hit on the Apply button to apply all the changes.
How to uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop to reinstall it again for resolving QuickBooks error 1712?
● Open the search bar of the Start menu
●Then type the Control Panel and press Enter button
● The window of the Control Panel opens up
● Click on the Programs
● Then click on Programs and Features
● The list of installed applications shows up
● Choose QuickBooks and then
● Click on Uninstall/Change option
● Choose Uninstall option in the Wizard
● Follow the steps shown for uninstallation
● When done click on the Finish button
● The uninstallation is done completely.
What is the correct source for Downloading the QuickBooks Desktop?
You can download it from the intuit website which is the best quality source to have the software.