This article read causes and how to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error 30159 is almost exclusively encountered by payroll, users an error while adding to an existing payroll subscription. Changes in user account settings, authentication settings, or expiry of service may have caused this error. In most cases, it has been found that either the service of the user has expired or that either the user or some other person with administrative permissions has made changes.
Causes QuickBooks Error 30159
If you’re experiencing a QuickBooks error 30159 when trying to payroll in QBDT, there are a few causes and reasons.
- The most possible cause of the error mentioned is that of the deactivated EIN.
- If your EIN (Employer Identification Number) is deactivated, then you must contact the source from which you purchased your copy of QuickBooks Payroll.
- Please ensure that you only put one company file under a single EIN.
- Having multiple company files will cause an unexpected error in QuickBooks.
- MS Windows is not updated.
- MS Windows registration files damaged/corrupted.
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 30159
There is a limit on the number of EINs users can have based on the version of QuickBooks Payroll. To add an EIN to your QuickBooks Payroll subscription, follow the steps provided below.
- Log in to QuickBooks Payroll with an administrator account.
- From the menu bar Select Employees and Click on Payroll
- Select Use My Existing Payroll Service
- Select Account Maintenance and then Click on Add File
- In the dialogue box provided add the code as [K1258]
- Click on Next
- A new window will open with the title Review Information
- Click on Return to QuickBooks and a new window will appear
- In the new window, check and verify the QuickBooks payroll service key
- You can find the service key by going to Employees and selecting My Payroll Service.
- Under My Payroll Service click on the Manage Service keys.
- Once again go to Manage service key and check the status of the service key after completing the whole process.
askforaccounting.com is a highly acclaimed third-party QuickBooks payroll. Our technical team stays up to date about every change made to QuickBooks. QuickBooks error consultants team members can assist you.