For various reasons, you might have to cancel QuickBooks Payroll subscription. If you don’t know how to go on and terminate your ongoing payroll subscription then continue reading. This article will give you the steps on how to do just that.
QuickBooks is accounting software that is quite helpful in maintaining the finances of a business and it also helps in making the payroll. Being user-friendly software QuickBooks is quite effective and efficient in keeping the accounts up to date and that includes the payroll of the company. For the better and more successful running of your business, QuickBooks offers payroll services that you can use to maintain your employees’ payrolls.
How to Cancel QuickBooks Online Payroll Subscription
However, here’s how to end your membership to QuickBooks Desktop Payroll or QuickBooks Online Payroll. You can do the canceling of QuickBooks Payroll Subscriptions in three different ways, which include.
- Payroll Service Cancellation,
- Submitting an Online Request,
- Canceling the Subscription Online.
Step 1: Complete Final Payroll Tasks
Before canceling your payroll subscription, make sure you should.
- Finish and process your last payroll.
- Print the required payroll reports.
If you use a payroll provider and file or pay your taxes independently, be sure to.
- Make any unpaid tax deposits.
- Process and submit any unfinished yearly or quarterly forms.
Step 2: Cancel your Payroll Service
To find out how to cancel your payroll service, select your service below.
For QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Begin by selecting Account and Settings from the Settings menu.
- Choose Billing & Subscription. Make the Cancel selection under the Payroll section.
- To complete your cancellation, fill out the online cancellation form.
Intuit won’t be able to edit or change the cancellation form once you have submitted it.
If you have a full service payroll subscription
Be sure to keep your bank account open until we debit and pay those tax liabilities if we pay and file your payroll taxes for you. These liabilities (including recurring obligations) will be settled when we process your cancellation request. Once we have verified your cancellation request, you will receive an email confirmation, and once the cancellation is final, you will receive another.
For QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted
- Fill out the QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted cancellation form if you need to stop receiving assistance with your payroll through QuickBooks Desktop.
- QuickBooks will analyze your cancellation request and provide you with an email confirmation within 3 business days.
- Once we have finished canceling your order, we will send you another.
- To complete your cancellation if you have Assisted Payroll Plus (APP), the bundle of QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted and QuickBooks Software Subscription, get in touch with us.
For QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced, Standard, or Basic
There are two ways to cancel your subscription.
First is Through Company File
The company file in QuickBooks Desktop is the ideal place to cancel your payroll service.
- You have to select My Payroll Service from the Employees dropdown menu and then you have to select Account/Billing Info.
- Then you have to sign in using your Intuit Account login and you will see that the Account Portal page will open.
- Now you have to select Cancel Service.
- To cancel your payroll service you have to follow the on-screen steps.
Second is Through Intuit Account
You can discontinue your payroll service online if you don’t have access to your QuickBooks Desktop Payroll company file.
- Open your Intuit Account and log in.
- Then you have to select Details next to the status of the payroll subscription you want to cancel under Products & Services.
- To stop receiving payroll services, select Cancel Service and follow the on-screen instructions.
If you are still not able to cancel QuickBooks payroll then it’s time you get in touch with QuickBooks consultant. Our certified professionals will guide you throughout the process on how to do that all with ease.
Frequently Asked Questions
What specific difficulties are you encountering when attempting to cancel your payroll service?
Request to have your payroll service discontinued if you are having problems logging in to your account or finding your file. You will get an email in about 3 business days verifying that your payroll service has been discontinued if you follow the on-screen instructions.
Contact us to complete your cancellation if you have Enhanced Payroll Plus (EPP), a package that combines QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced with the QuickBooks Software Subscription.
What steps are taken with your payroll data after cancellation?
QuickBooks Online Payroll
Your paycheck information will be available to you until June 1 of the following year. Exporting and saving copies of your reports is a must.
QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted
Until June of the year after the date of cancellation, you can still view copies of your payroll tax returns through the Canceled Client Payroll Tax Center. No printed copies of these returns will be sent to you.
Your payroll tax returns will no longer be accessible through QuickBooks Desktop. Please follow the guidelines listed below to access your return information instead:
● Visit https://payrolltaxcenter.intuit.com/ptc-term/
● Enter the EIN and Payroll PIN for your business.
● A link to the online forms submitted for your business will be visible once you log in.
● You can print, save, or email these PDF files.
You must fill out the Tax Copy Tet Form to get paper copies of your returns if you cannot find the form in the Payroll Tax Center or if you no longer have your Payroll PIN and EIN information.
QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced, Standard, Or Basic
After canceling, you will still be able to access your payroll information, but you won’t be able to create any new tax forms. Make sure to keep a copy of every tax form you prepared or e-filed.
Get instant assistance with QuickBooks accounting software. Our QuickBooks experts are available 24x7 and resolve issues within minimum turnaround time. We support both US & Canada Editions of QuickBooks Software.We get help you on these QuickBooks accounting topics
- Import and Export
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Upgrade & Update
- Payroll Solutions
- Data Recovery and many more.