In this article read the causes and how to fix “QuickBooks error missing name list“. This missing name list problem occurs when opening the QuickBooks Desktop company file, the name list does not have any name, or a name is not available in the name list.
Some of the Frequent lists where this error comes from our vendor list, customer list, or another name list.
Speak to a Specialist about Your QuickBooks Software
Get instant assistance with QuickBooks accounting software. Our QuickBooks experts are available 24x7 and resolve issues within minimum turnaround time. We support both US & Canada Editions of QuickBooks Software.We get help you on these QuickBooks accounting topics
- Import and Export
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Upgrade & Update
- Payroll Solutions
- Data Recovery and many more.
What is Problem Missing Name List in QuickBooks
The missing name list is one of the internal database errors which doesn’t allow QuickBooks to open the company data file. You should start by opening a sample company file. This makes sure that the installation of QuickBooks is correct and does not have any issues.
We’re sorry, QuickBooks couldn’t open your company file. We’ll try to fix the problem, click start to begin.
If the problem continues, contact Consultant for assistance and report error code “MISSING NAME LIST Problem.” Please help what to do.”
Causes QuickBooks Error Missing Name List
- Maybe your system files damaged
- PC and your system improper shutdown
- Incomplete installations of hardware/applications
- Corrupted files
- Maybe the system has been affected by Malware or Virus
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Missing Name List Problem
You can solve this error in three ways as mentioned below:
Method 1: Run QuickBooks File Doctor
You can take the help of QuickBooks File Doctor which repairs the error itself. Most of the errors can be easily solved with the help of the QB file doctor.
- Download and Install QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Go to QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Select your company file problems section
- Select Run QuickBooks File Doctor
- Wait, File doctor can take up to one minute to open
- Select your company file, I don’t see your file (Browse and search to find the file)
- Check your file and then click on the Continue button
- Enter your QuickBooks administrator password and then select Next.
Method 2: Restore a Previous Backup of Company File
- If you had taken any backup then you can restore a previous backup and again enter the transactions to this file.
- Which makes it a current usable file this one is the simplest method.
- However, this way is not an optimal solution because backup can be a few days old and data volume can make this option hectic.
Method 3: Use QuickBooks Data Recovery Service
- Finally and lastly you can use a data recovery service (available only in QuickBooks Pro, Premier, and Enterprise Solutions) that repairs the error and gives you an error-free file.
- You can open the file with QuickBooks and it contains all the data as it is which you had earlier.
I hope above mention method will help you to fix the QuickBooks Error Missing Name List Problem. If you are not able to fix then call our QuickBooks error Consultant experts and get the solutions within a time frame.