Your QuickBooks data cannot import or export the desired information to Excel or from Excel. Let’s start our article about the export to excel issue in QuickBooks Desktop or export to Excel option is grayed out.
Every organization has a different system. Although, Excel records have been used for more than a decade and are still being used to keep things streamlined. The best part is Excel is compatible with all platforms. But at times, there might be a possibility that will bring you to the compatibility factor. What once was with you, there are slim chances of that version to come back. We also have seen that at times, your QuickBooks account does not give you the option to choose the Excel datasheet to import.
How to Fix Export to Excel Issue in QuickBooks Desktop
However, with QuickBooks, you get several other things to fix the issue QuickBooks export to excel issue greyed out. If you wish to export or import through Excel to QuickBooks and it looks greyed out, you need not worry. All your bills, invoices, cash memos, expenses, etc., will be in one place, even if it is part of greyed-out excel. Just a few clicks and a few updates will do the trick and you will be able to overcome this limitation.
Step I: First, you need to ensure that your QuickBooks version is up to date
- Sign in to the QuickBooks account
- Go to reports
- Select Export to Excel
- It should resolve the issue. In case your issue persists, you may have to choose an alternate option.
- Open any report on the list by going to the Reports menu.
- Choosing the Excel button. Including Excel, all export options, should be available
Step II: Compatibility with MS Office
- You need to check the compatibility and then upgrade your MS office on your computer accordingly.
Step III: Check QuickBooks system requirements
Microsoft Office versions appropriate to each version of QuickBooks Desktop are compatible. For your version of QuickBooks, which includes 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023, check the system requirements. You will have to upgrade if your current version of Microsoft Office is incompatible.
Step IV: Repair Microsoft Office
- First, right-click the Start button
- After that select Apps and Features on the pop-up menu.
- Then repair MS office, and select Modify.
- Lastly, follow the all on-screen instructions to complete the repair.
Step V: Toggle Windows UAC (User Account Control)
Turn on and off the Windows UAC settings. This should reset anything that is blocking the export feature.
- Open the Windows Start menu.
- Then open User Account Control Settings by typing User Account Control Settings into the search bar.
- Click open User Account Control Settings.
- Select and move the slider to Never Notify and then select OK.
- Select OK next then restart your computer.
Everything is fixed if you can export a report. If you are unable to, go to the next steps.
Step VI: Reinstall QuickBooks
You must first install Microsoft Office and Excel on your computer before you can install QuickBooks. Install QuickBooks Desktop again if you didn’t previously install Microsoft Office.
Once finished then you have to return to QuickBooks and export a report. If you’re still having trouble, you might need to remove Excel and reinstall it by following Microsoft’s instructions.
With that many smart alternates, you will be able to find the best-suited one. Record maintenance is indeed a very impressive skill. But to recover and import or transfer all the data in one place in an acceptable format is another skill. If you know the right ways, you can dig out the data of the golden era as well.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to enable export to Excel in QuickBooks?
● Select Reports under Business Overview.
● Find the report you want to export, then choose it.
● Select the Export icon from the report’s top menu.
● Select Export to Excel after that.
What if my QuickBooks report is exported to Excel?
For a long time leading to the error latest software updates have not been installed from a long time. MS Excel software is corrupted. Sometimes Windows User Account Controls settings can also sometimes create issues exporting files in Excel from QuickBooks.
How to fix export to Excel?
● First, you have to go to Apps and Features in Windows and then you have to find the Microsoft Office entry.
● Then you have to select the entry and choose edit.
● Now you have to select the Quick Repair option and then click Repair.
● In case Excel exporting still doesn’t work then you can also try Online Repair.
● You can save any open unfinished work and then you can restart the computer when convenient.
May be useful-Export Customer List from QuickBooks to Excel
Get instant assistance with QuickBooks accounting software. Our QuickBooks experts are available 24x7 and resolve issues within minimum turnaround time. We support both US & Canada Editions of QuickBooks Software.We get help you on these QuickBooks accounting topics
- Import and Export
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Upgrade & Update
- Payroll Solutions
- Data Recovery and many more.