QuickBooks POS is one of the best merchandising solution ever created. It is user-friendly and its interface makes it extremely simple to understand and work with. Being a product from Intuit they keep on releasing many updates throughout the year for which an upgrade becomes mandatory. If you don’t go by their updates then you will be thrown with the message “QuickBooks POS Application update required”, do it now.
If this so happens then it is recommended that you update your application whenever they release an update. Updating the program will help you resolve errors of the older versions as well as comes with something new i.e. features & tools every time. While working on this application, you can come across an error with the following error message:
Error: Application Update Required,
This error generally occurs when your server and workstation do not have the same release patch.
QuickBooks POS Application Update Required: Resolution
Follow the solutions that are mentioned in this article to resolve your QuickBooks Point of Sale issues with the server
Solution I: Ensure that the updates are installed for POS
You will have to install the updates first on the server then on the client workstation.
- Press the Exit option on the update screen.
- Click on Help and then go to the Check for Software Updates
- Now, let your POS install all the updates. You also have an option to manually update your QuickBooks POS.
Solution II: Delete files from the Entitlement Client Folder & then remove WSActivity.xml file
- End the entire POS tasks that are running in the backend.
- Press Ctrl+Delete+Alt and click on the Windows Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes Tab.
- End the processes for the following files:
- Close the Task Manager Dialog
- From your keyboard, press Windows key along with R to open Run Command Window.
- In the Search section, type msc.
- From the Services Window, browse for QBPOS Database Manager v11.
- Close the Services windows
- Open the hidden folders in your Windows OS.
- Press the Windows Start key from your keyboard and click on Control Panel from the menu list.
- Go to the Appearance and Personalization section and select the Folder options.
- From the Folders option, click on View tab.
- From the Advanced settings option, go to the option Show hidden files, folders & drives.
- Press OK.
- Now, browse for the entitlement client folder i.e. C:\ Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.0.
- Select the entire files from the Entitlement Client folder by pressing the Ctrl key along with A from the keyboard.
- Now, anywhere on your screen right-click and select the Delete
- Now, go back to the previous location i.e. C:\ Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Salexx.
- Go to the INI folder and locate the WSActivity file.
- Delete the WSActivity file from this folder.
- Close the QuickBooks POS application and reopen it again.
- Check for updates, if any then download and install them.
- Now, you will have to complete your registration procedure and reboot your system.
Still facing issue..! Dial us for help at 1800-865-4183.
These solutions which are mentioned in this article will help you in resolving your QuickBooks POS Application update required issue. If for some reason you are not able to get through your problem then, it is recommended that you seek help by dialing QuickBooks customer service phone number.
“Ask for accounting” is a QuickBooks consulting firm that provides assistance for various accounting software. Thus you can call on their tollfree number any time of day as they are available 24/7 to get your issues fixed. Thus connect with them or simply do a QuickBooks chat support and fix your issue now.