If you don’t go by their updates then you will be thrown with the message “QuickBooks POS Application update required“, do it now. Being a product from Intuit they keep on releasing many updates throughout the year for which an upgrade becomes mandatory.
QuickBooks POS is one of the best merchandising solutions ever created. It is user-friendly and its interface makes it extremely simple to understand and work with. Read another article to know Features, System Requirements, and How to Download QuickBooks Point of Sale 2019, 2018, and 2012.
If this so happens then it is recommended that you update your application whenever they release an update. Updating the program will help you resolve QB POS errors of the older versions as well as come with something new i.e. features & tools every time. While working on this application, you can come across an error with the following error message:
Error: Application Update Required, Intuit.RSG.QBPOSInterop.UpdateApplicationActionPage.
This error generally occurs when your server and workstation do not have the same release patch.
QuickBooks POS Application Update Required: Resolution
Follow the solutions that are mentioned in this article to resolve your QuickBooks Point of Sale issues with the server.
Solution 1: Ensure that all QuickBooks POS Updates are Installed
You will have to install the updates first on the server and then on the client workstation.
- Press the Exit option on the update screen.
- Click on Help and then go to the Check for Software Updates
- Now, let your POS install all the updates.
- You also have an option to manually update your QuickBooks POS.
Solution 2: Delete files from the Entitlement Client Folder & then remove WSActivity.xml file
- End the entire POS tasks that are running in the backend.
- Press Ctrl+Delete+Alt and click on the Windows Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes Tab.
- End the processes for the following files:
- Close the Task Manager Dialog
- From your keyboard, press the Windows key along with R to open Run Command Window.
- In the Search section, type msc.
- From the Services Window, browse for QBPOS Database Manager v11.
- Close the Services windows
- Open the hidden folders in your Windows OS.
- Press the Windows Start key from your keyboard and click on Control Panel from the menu list.
- Go to the Appearance and Personalization section and select the Folder options.
- From the Folders option, click on the View tab.
- From the Advanced settings option, go to the option Show hidden files, folders & drives.
- Press OK.
- Now, browse for the entitlement client folder i.e. C: Program DataIntuitEntitlement Clientv8.0.
- Select the entire files from the Entitlement Client folder by pressing the Ctrl key along with A on the keyboard.
- Now, anywhere on your screen right-click and select the Delete
- Now, go back to the previous location i.e. C: Program DataIntuitQuickBooks Point of Salexx.
- Go to the INI folder and locate the WSActivity file.
- Delete the WSActivity file from this folder.
- Close the QuickBooks POS application and reopen it again.
- Check for updates, if any then download and install them.
- Now, you will have to complete your registration procedure and reboot your system.
These solutions which are mentioned in this article will help you in resolving your QuickBooks POS Application update required issue. If for some reason you are not able to get through your problem then, it is recommended that you seek help by dialing QuickBooks point of sale Consultant. “Ask for accounting” is a QuickBooks consulting firm that provides assistance for various accounting software.
Thus you can call on their toll-free number any time of day as they are available 24/7 to get your issues fixed. Thus connect with them or simply do Live Chat Consultant and fix your issue now.
What is QuickBooks POS Application Update required error and why does it happen?
It is a QB POS error that occurs when the server or workstations are not running with the same. Users usually face this issue at the time of opening the QuickBooks Point of Sale company file. After clicking on Next users become unable to access their files as the screen freezes. This appears as a page that completely makes you unable to access your company files. When the error occurs then it gives you an error message which says: Error: Application Update Required, Intuit.RSG.QBPOSInterop.UpdateApplicationActionPage.
Can Regular Updating Solve an Error: QuickBooks POS Application Update Required?
Yes, it is also that this error happens when you miss out on some update or whenever there is a new update release. So, it is always required that you update your software on a regular basis. You can fix this issue by ensuring that the latest QuickBooks POS updates are installed on your system. You can do it either automatically or manually. There are important things to remember if you are running QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale on a workstation or server. Make sure you update the server before the workstation; it helps you to prevent further errors.
How do I Automatically Update QuickBooks Products to prevent the occurrence of the Error “QuickBooks POS Application Update Required”?
● First, open your QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale
● Next, select the Software Update and then select the option “Check for Updates”
● If any updates are available then click “Update Now” and hit “Ok”
● Once the QB POS is successfully updated then close it and try to restart your PC.
What to do if I am looking to update my QuickBooks Point of Sale to instantly resolve the “QuickBooks POS Application Update Required” error?
To resolve the error as soon as possible, you can update your software manually with the help of the below steps:
● In the beginning, go to the page named “QuickBooks Downloads and Updates”
● Next, choose an appropriate Country >> Product >> Edition >> Version
● Now, hit the Search tab
● After that, click “Get the latest updates which must be in blue color
● Once the update is successfully downloaded then a double-click on the downloaded file and perform on-screen instructions to install it
● And finally, you are all set to run the QuickBooks POS.
Can closing of QuickBooks Desktop POS process and showing hidden files and folders rectify the issue of QuickBooks POS Application Update Required?
Yes, it helps you fix the issue to some extent. You simply need to close the process of QB POS and then show the hidden files and folders in the Windows version that you’re using:
● Close QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale process
● First, open the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + ESC keys on your keyboard
● Go to the Processes tab and close the qbpos.exe, QBPOSDBService.exe, and QBPOSShell.exe.
Show hidden files and folders in Windows 10
● Initially, press Windows + E keys simultaneously to open the File Explorer
● At the top menu, you have to select the View tab and then Hidden Items.
Get instant assistance with QuickBooks accounting software. Our QuickBooks experts are available 24x7 and resolve issues within minimum turnaround time. We support both US & Canada Editions of QuickBooks Software.We get help you on these QuickBooks accounting topics
- Import and Export
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Upgrade & Update
- Payroll Solutions
- Data Recovery and many more.