QuickBooks Runtime Redistributable happens if the Microsoft Visual C++ installation gets corrupted or damaged in your system. It is a Microsoft program that is used to run QuickBooks, and it was automatically installed during QuickBooks installation on your computer. You can uninstall and reinstall it to start the program fresh.
If you have a CD in your QuickBooks, you can easily load the CD, and locate and run the Microsoft C++ installer there. If it didn’t, you can download the Microsoft Visual C++ from the Microsoft website.
System Requirements QuickBooks Runtime Redistributable
The Visual C++ Redistributable Packages also install the run-time components of the following libraries including Standard C++, C Runtime (CRT), ATL, C++ AMP, MFC, and OpenMP. Check out the system requirements for the updated version.
Supported Operating System and Server
- Operating System- Windows XP, Windows 8, Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows 8.1, Windows Vista with Service Pack 2.
- Server- Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2012 R2.
- RAM required is 512 MB
- The required hard drive is of 5400 RPM
- The processor must be 900 MHz or more speedy/faster processor
- You must have available hard disk space of at least 50 MB
- DirectX 9-capable video card running at 1024 x 768 or high-resolution display.
- In addition, KB2883200 (available through Windows Update) is required for Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1 operating systems.
Run the Microsoft C ++ Installer
There are Redistributable Packages in Microsoft Visual C++ that are nothing but library file that is needed to run the C++ applications which are developed with Visual C++. QuickBooks Desktop automatically installs the correct or the latest version of Visual C++ in your system. It is recommended that you must install it if the visual C++ installation is removed or damaged. With the help of this guide, you can get to know about the requirements that you need to have to install it.
A library file called the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package is needed for Visual C++ applications to run. The appropriate version of Visual C++ is automatically installed by QuickBooks Desktop on your PC. You must reinstall Visual C++ if it has been damaged or uninstalled.
Uninstall Microsoft Visual C++
- First, you have to close all open programs.
- If you want to open the Run command, then you have to press Windows + R on your keyboard.
- Then you have to type in the Control panel and then you have to click OK.
- Now you have to select Uninstall a program.
- After that, you have to select the version of Microsoft Visual C++ for your version of QuickBooks, on the list of programs.
QuickBooks Desktop Pro, Premier and Enterprise: Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 is Redistributable
- Then you have to click Uninstall and after that, to uninstall the program you have to follow the onscreen instructions.
- When asked you have to restart your computer.
Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++
In case you used a CD to install QuickBooks.
- In your CD drive, you have to insert the QuickBooks CD. In case the QuickBooks installation window opens, you have to close it.
- To open the Computer window you have to press Windows + E on your keyboard.
- Then you have to browse to D:\ThirdParty\CRT9 or D:\ThirdParty\CRT8, where D: is your CD drive letter.
- You have to double-click vc_red.msi or vcredist_x86.exe and then you have to follow the prompts to install the software.
So, this program was generally installed by a remote operator that helps you in fixing your QuickBooks software-related issues. This runtime redistributable ensures that the QuickBooks is running normally and all applications that depend on QuickBooks libraries function properly. Any help and Consultant contact QuickBooks error consultant.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does QuickBooks Runtime Redistributable in QB Pro 2021 installation crash Server 2012 R2 happens and how to fix it?
It usually occurs when you try to install the Desktop Manager for QuickBooks Pro 2020 to get the server ready. It spontaneously restarted the server at the same time as you installed the QuickBooks Runtime Redistributable.
It won’t give any notification or warning for that. The main reason behind it is the damaged Microsoft Visual C++ installation on your computer.
Though it is a Microsoft program that is used to run QuickBooks, it was automatically installed during QuickBooks installation on your computer. To restart the program, you should uninstall and reinstall it. If your QuickBooks comes with a CD, you can just load the CD, find the Microsoft C++ installer in there and run it. If it didn’t, you can download the Microsoft Visual C++ from the Microsoft website.
How do I Uninstall and Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ to fix QuickBooks Runtime Redistributable in QB Pro 2021 installation crashes Server 2012 R2 issue?
You have to first perform the steps for installation and then reinstallation:
Uninstall Microsoft Visual C++:
● Initially, close all running or open programs
● Press Windows + R keys to open the Run command
● Type Control Panel and hit Ok
● Choose the Microsoft Visual C++ for your QB version from the list of programs
For example, QuickBooks Desktop Pro, Premier, and Enterprise: Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable
● Click the “Uninstall” tab and then perform on-screen instructions to uninstall the program
● Finally, restart your PC when prompted.
Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++:
● If you’re using a CD to install QuickBooks then follow these steps:
● Insert QuickBooks CD in your CD drive and if the QuickBooks installation window opens then close it
● Press Windows + E keys on your keyboard to open the Computer window
● Next, browse to D:\ThirdParty\CRT9 or D:\ThirdParty\CRT8, where D: is your CD drive letter
● Double-click vc_red.msi or vcredist_x86.exe and follow the prompts to install the software.
If you do not have a QuickBooks CD at hand, download and install Microsoft Visual C++ from the Microsoft Web site.
Why are Multiple Visual C++ Redistributable installed on my computer?
There are many reasons for this, such as:
● Some of them come pre-installed with Windows. Depending on which version of Windows you’re running, different versions will be installed.
● Any additional Visual C++ Redistributable versions you see on your machine were installed along with a program that needed it. For an application to run in a particular version of Visual C++, the code libraries for that version must also be installed on the user’s framework.
● When you run a program for the first time, you could get a message that the redistributable package is being installed. If you’re a PC gamer, particularly if you get your games through Steam, you’ll notice this lot.
● It’s also likely that you’ll find what appear to be different versions of the same redistributable, or at the very least versions from the same year, installed.
● In short, you’ll find certain bundles that come with Windows and others that come with software that you run. You’ll see both 64-bit and 32-bit versions of each program if you’re running 64-bit Windows.
Is it a Good Idea to Remove QuickBooks Runtime Redistributable from my PC?
Though, this program was installed by a remote operator to fix the software issue. This runtime ensures that QuickBooks runs smoothly and that all applications that depend on QuickBooks libraries work properly. It’s safe to uninstall or remove/delete, but some applications that depend on this runtime can experience issues.
Get instant assistance with QuickBooks accounting software. Our QuickBooks experts are available 24x7 and resolve issues within minimum turnaround time. We support both US & Canada Editions of QuickBooks Software.We get help you on these QuickBooks accounting topics
- Import and Export
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Upgrade & Update
- Payroll Solutions
- Data Recovery and many more.