Users usually come across with system exceptions errors while they work in their QuickBooks Desktop bank feeds center. The two exceptions errors include System.Argument.Exception and System.TypeInitializationException that generally occur in QB’s bank feeds center. In this article, we’ll discuss in detail how to fix System Exception errors in QuickBooks Desktop.
When users encounter this exception error then a message pops-up on screen as “System.Argument.ExceptionSmiley Tonguearameter is not valid” or “System.ArgumentOutOfRange.Exception: Index was out of range”.
Causes of System Exception Errors in QuickBooks Desktop
The error occurs due to:
● Some special characters such as !@#$%^&* included in the payee or vendor name
● Damaged or corrupt vendor, payee or rule
● An Issue with the Microsoft installed that is installed in your system.
How to Fix System Exception Errors in QuickBooks Desktop❓
However, there are several ways to solve this problem and there are pretty chances the first solution itself solves the problem. Or you may have to perform all the solutions to solve the same. It is recommended to do the steps in the sequence that are provided.
Solution 1️⃣: Verify the Vendor Names for Special Characters
🔹 Initially, go to the Vendor and then select the Vendor Center
🔹 Next, choose the default Active Vendor using the drop-down
🔹 Now hit on “All Vendors”
🔹 Also, verify if the vendor name consists of any special character like !@#$%^&*, specifically the ampersand (&)
🔹 After that, if it consists of any special character then remove them and rename “&” to “and”
🔹 At last, hit the save to save all changes.
Solution 2️⃣: Switch to the classic (Register) mode
🔹 The very first, go to Edit and then select Preferences
🔹 After that select Checking and then navigate to the Company Preferences
🔹 Now click on the “Classic Mode (Register Mode)” from the Bank Feeds section
🔹 In the last step, click on the Ok button.
Solution 3️⃣: Restart the computer and try to access bank statement again
🔹 Firstly, close your QuickBooks Desktop
🔹 Then restart your system once again
🔹 After that open QuickBooks Desktop
🔹 Finally, access your Bank Feeds Center and try to open and download the bank statement.
Solution 4️⃣: Review QBWin.log for Error Messages
Check out the most recent entries when you check QBWin.log. If there are some errors then it is required to resolve “Data damage” on your company file.
Solution 5️⃣: Resolve Microsoft Component Issues
“QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool” helps you to resolve C++, Microsoft .NET Framework, and MSXML issues.
Solution 6️⃣: Fix QuickBooks Banking Errors
For additional solutions, see Resolving Bank Feeds issues and errors including OL and OLSU errors.
Solution 7️⃣: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop software
Using a clean install, users can easily reinstall the QuickBooks software.
The problem can arise when the QuickBooks Desktop was unable to access the fiblueprint.xml file because the permissions for this file are limited. In a Hosted Terminal Services or Citrix environment, you may get that error. Follow the steps below to proceed to the error:
Solution 1️⃣: Ensure that you have appropriate user permissions to C:\ProgramData
- Initially, search and open the QuickBooks folder in the appropriate C:\ProgramData
- Accountant, Pro, or Premier: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX\components\olb\branding\filist\
- Enterprise: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions XX.0\components\olb\branding\filist\
- Next, double-click on the file named “fiblueprint.xml” once you find the same
- If the file is opened, close it and restart QuickBooks software
- Try to work on your bank feeds again
- In case, you are able to do so, then you need to grant full access to your profiles. follow the steps to do this:
- Select Properties after right-clicking on the folder
- Next, click on the “Security tab” and then hit the Edit option
- After that select “Everyone” within the “Group or user names”
- Now choose Full Control within the section “Permissions for Everyone”
- Exit the Properties and Edit windows
- Finally, restart the system and open QuickBooks then try to work on bank feeds.
Solution 2️⃣: Resolve MSXML, Microsoft .NET Framework, and C++ issues
You might also encounter such errors when the system’s Microsoft components get damaged or corrupted. To repair this, you can Download and run the QB Install Diagnostic Tool that automatically diagnoses and fixes such issues.
Solution 3️⃣: Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop completely
Clean Install replaces your program for the QuickBooks Desktop and its installation files. This addresses numerous problems including errors in bank feeds as well.
How to get in touch with us?
The above-provided solutions enable you to get rid of the common System Exception errors that occur while working on QuickBooks Desktop Bank Feeds. Still seeking any help, connect with QuickBooks technical support toll-free help desk number +1800-865-4183. You can reach out to them via dropping an email firstname.lastname@example.org or do a live chat.