QuickBooks is used by many of the business owners but doesn’t understand why “QuickBooks Show Accounts Payable in Negative“. The below article gives you the answer for the same. A negative balance in Accounts Payable sometimes means that bills were entered and checks were mentioned again those bills but because of some reasons original bills were deleted or moved. The bill payment checks system remains unfilled or hanging in the system shows a negative balance in Accounts payable.
- 1 What is Negative Accounts Payable
- 2 How to Fix QuickBooks Show Accounts Payable in Negative:
What is Negative Accounts Payable
A negative liability shows in the balance sheet if a company pays off more than the amount required by the liability. Some time often appears on the accounts payable register as credits. It is also a liability asset and should be treated as a prepaid expense.
Some of the Reasons – Why QuickBooks Register Balance and Actual Balance Doesn’t Match:
Many users face the issues when the amount of QuickBooks online register balance and the actual balance do not match in QuickBooks online. Behind that below are many reasons as mentioned below:
- New Transaction for a connected account – If QuickBooks is connected with your bank, then the transactions in For review tab will not allow the match to balance
- Sometimes there are duplicate transactions – Some transactions might add incorrectly added to QuickBooks register. Instead of getting a match with the previously entered transaction
- Sometimes there could be deleted or edit transactions – Removing or deleting the transactions which are available in your register can also be a reason of mismatch.
- Some outstanding transactions can be a reason – For example, you deposit a cheque in QuickBooks online and then subtract it from your QuickBooks bank account register and maybe transactions are not clear from your bank end
How to Fix QuickBooks Show Accounts Payable in Negative:
When you see a negative balance in the accounts payable or if you deal with the vendor having the negative balance in vendors list,
Total Time: 20 minutes
🔹 Just go to the report menu and select vendors and payable.
🔹 Now select an unpaid bills details report.
🔹 After that scan the accounts payable report and check for the negative amount, If any results come double click on them.
🔹 Once you will double click it bill payment check will open.
🔹 Check the bill at the bottom of the screen, it should be there.
🔹 Give a checkmark next to that and then enter the correct amount, now save and close.
🔹 Now click on yes when you will be asked for saving the transactions which you just entered.
🔹 Now go to the unpaid bill report and click on refresh.
🔹 The negative amount should be removed now.
🔹 You need to follow the above steps for all the negative amounts you seen in the reports.
QuickBooks support are professional, polite, and able to solve the issues “QuickBooks show accounts payable in negative” and how to adjust accounts payable quickly in a given time. You can also email at email@example.com and you will be contacted by one of the experts soon. QuickBooks Helpdesk is available 24*7 to assist you with the solutions and tips to manage your business with the help of skilled, trained and experienced QuickBooks technicians.