Thus today we will find out how to “Recover a Deleted Invoice in QuickBooks”. The most significant question to ask yourself before going for QuickBooks is, does QuickBooks allow you to recover a deleted invoice?
That’s very important and a decision-maker because we are human beings and we ought to make mistakes. But the surprising factor about QuickBooks, in fact, the selling point is its ability to recover invoices that have got deleted. Tracking of data is necessary to understand the seamless behavior of a business and when you can track even those deleted invoices that surely improvise on the decision of opting for QuickBooks for all the accounting work. Well, let us know about the two methods using which we can restore deleted invoices.
- Audit Trail Method
- Backup Files
The second option sounds quite familiar, doesn’t it? Most organizations believe in backing up files for any corruption that may happen in the future. It is considered to be one of the safest options. We will touch base on that, before that it is also imperative that we learn the method of recovering deleted invoices by the Audit Trail method.
How to Recover a Deleted Invoice in QuickBooks
Let us find the 2 ways with which we can recover deleted invoices in QuickBooks.
Audit Trail Method
Method 1: Audit Trail Method
- To start with click on the Reports button which you will see on the Menu bar that is on the top and then click on the Accounts and Taxes button.
- A side menu will pop up, click on the Audit Trail as it captures all the transactions that have been entered, altered, and deleted.
- Now from the Range box click on the From Date to check if it was deleted on a particular date and for the To Date, you may choose what you feel is the right option.
- If unsure of the date, run the report as week or month and then click on the Refresh button for all the transactions to pop up.
- Find out the invoice that had been deleted and note down all the information to be entered on a new screen.
- If it was any other transaction, bill, or payment, following the same method prepare a new one for each.
Method 2: Back-Up Files Method
In this method, we restore the most recent file or a file that was backed up a while ago. If the deleted invoice was a recent one, then click on the most recent backup. You should get the file instantly. If not, find by date.
Click on the File button and then scrolling down click on the Open or Restore Company button.
- Now click on Restore a Backup File
- After this, click on the Next button
- You will get a pop up Is the Backup file located locally or online?
- Choose whichever is the right option for you and click Next
- Locate the file and then click on OK and then Double Click and click OK once again
- Now time for you to choose a new location for this file. Choose either a flash drive or external drive to save and then click OK
- Open the file to check if the deleted invoice is located there
- You will find the deleted invoice and hence issue resolved.
QuickBooks no doubt has been playing a vital role in securing data for small businesses and self-employed people. Hence depending on how you deleted your invoices, you can follow either of the above methods to get back your hidden or deleted invoices.
Get instant assistance with QuickBooks accounting software. Our QuickBooks experts are available 24x7 and resolve issues within minimum turnaround time. We support both US & Canada Editions of QuickBooks Software.We get help you on these QuickBooks accounting topics
- Import and Export
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Upgrade & Update
- Payroll Solutions
- Data Recovery and many more.