With this let’s learn how to search and find invoice number in QuickBooks. The QuickBooks software offers a variety of features to help organize your accounting such as tracking payroll, prices, and invoices.
Modern businesses have broken the conventional manual accounting system. To fulfill their accounting needs many businesses have turned to the QuickBooks business accounting software. For some businesses, it is difficult to keep track of invoices, especially if you have a large client base. With QuickBooks you can store each invoice electronically, allowing you to keep all your invoices in one program and access each when needed.
The invoice number is the important number on your invoice after the amount is due. It is a unique number to each invoice assigned systematically. The identifier provided to you helps to look up an invoice on a computer when a customer calls with an invoice question or to find a physical copy of the invoice in your files. You need to structure your invoice number that meets your requirements.
Maximum accounting software uses sequential numbering of invoices. Some follow chronological order. You can have an invoice number to identify the invoice by looking at the invoice number itself. This is very much similar to the chronological order. The invoice number that begins with the customer number will be the same number provided by the customer. The project number can also be used as a part of your invoice number.
How to Search by Invoice Number in QuickBooks
In QuickBooks, a customer is always provided an Invoice ID. The reason is that there can be different types of invoices and each of them can have the same number.
Invoice Number Search
- When you click the invoice search button on the transactions tab or press the F7 key opens the invoice search window.
- Right-click on this search window to get access to several other windows.
- This comprises debtors or creditors’ account transactions, reversals, or updating of header reference fields that may be performed from the transactions tab.
- You can easily reprint invoices, credits, and receipts.
- You also need to set search criteria, and the print buttons are not enabled till you have selected a search item.
How to Search Files by Invoice Number in QuickBooks
Different methods to keep track of your invoices using QuickBooks.
Using Simple Find
- Click -> Edit -> Find
- Click on the “Simple” tab
- Select “Invoice” from the “Transaction Type”
- Enter the info in the search fields
- Click Find
A list of found invoices will appear on the screen. Double-click an invoice to open it.
Use Advanced Find
- Click -> Edit -> Find
- Click the “Advanced” tab
- Select a filter from the “Filter” menu and enter information in the fields.
- Click Find
A list of located invoices will appear on the screen. Double-click an invoice to open it.
Locate Invoice Manually
Click the “Center” icon at the top of the window that corresponds to the type of invoice you are looking for: Customer, Vendor, or Employee.
Thus you have now learned how to search files by invoice number in QuickBooks and mark an invoice as paid in QuickBooks, if you still have any problems using QuickBooks or you have faced any problem while working on it then you can call our QuickBooks consultant for US and Canada.
Get instant assistance with QuickBooks accounting software. Our QuickBooks experts are available 24x7 and resolve issues within minimum turnaround time. We support both US & Canada Editions of QuickBooks Software.We get help you on these QuickBooks accounting topics
- Import and Export
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Upgrade & Update
- Payroll Solutions
- Data Recovery and many more.