E-invoicing is a feature within Quickbooks that helps businesses to send or share electronic invoices with their clients. The client can further download the PDF files to view the attachment of invoice. This is quite a handy tool within the program, as not only it helps you to E-invoice but also lets you know when your client viewed it.
E-Invoicing in QuickBooks:
E-invoicing in Quickbooks is not only easy but also very convenient to use as it speeds up the entire work process. If you further want to be more productive then you can also grab Quickbooks payments, a service that helps you pay your invoices online. If you want to make use of this feature then here is what you would want to do:
How to Activate E-invoicing Feature in QuickBooks?
- Login to your Quickbooks accounts and click on the company file.
- Choose the settings tab placed on the top navigation bar.
- Click on the sales tab.
- Within the sales window, choose the online delivery option.
- Now choose the select the Email options tab. This will set online delivery option via emails.
- When all done, click on the save option and it will save your preferences.
How to Send E-Invoicing in QuickBooks?
As now you have already activated the E-invoicing functionality within your accounting software, the next thing you would want to do is share invoices with your clients. Follow the steps to send electronic invoices to your customers.
- To send invoices, go to the invoice tab. This you can do by clicking on the (+) button and then selecting invoicing option from the drop down menu.
- Now choose the client whom you want to send the invoice too.
- Fill in them required email address of the customer.
- At this point turn on the Online payment option.
- Set your preferences within the invoice.
- When you are satisfied with the entire look and feel of the invoice then hit “Save and Send” option. This will save the copy in your account and send the other to your client.
How to Send E-Invoice in QuickBooks?
Though the above steps will help you send an invoice to your customers, you can also share a link with your clients. This will keep the invoice on the cloud and your clients will be saved with the hassle downloading invoices. If this is what you want to do then follow the steps below:
- Check out the invoice you created and want to share.
- Now while your invoice still open, click on share link tab. If you don’t see this already then click on the drop down button where it says “Save and Send” and now choose the share option.
- Now you will be provided with the URL. Copy the link provided and go to the sales transactions tab.
- Here click on the drop down menu and choose the share invoice option.
- You will now see a dialogue appearing. Select copy the link option. Close the window when that’s done.
- Choose to view the invoice. Here click on the print/preview option.
- In the preview tab, scroll down to get the invoice link.
- Copy the link and share it with your clients.