It is very crucial for you as an accountant to keep your client’s books of accounts in good shape. Accounting as it is meant to keep your financials the way they come. Any difference will only lead to unmatched entries and delayed operations. If you have mistakenly added a deposit of one account in another or payment in a deposit then it will only create issues. Thus today we will answer “How to delete a payment from a deposit in QuickBooks”.
How to delete a payment from a deposit in QuickBooks easily…!
QB today is one of the most renowned software to help you with managing your daily accounting tasks. Though it is considered one of the finest pieces to help you put your accounting books online there are times when you face issues. These can be like:
- How to fix QuickBooks error 6150?
- How to merge customers in QuickBooks? or
- How to delete a payment from a deposit in QuickBooks?
If you are good at handling QuickBooks then dealing with the above-given issues won’t be a problem, but beginners often find themselves in the lurch. This is where we come in, helping QuickBooks users round the clock. You can reach out us any time of the day on our toll-free number @1800-865-4183. With that said, let’s get started with deleting a payment in QuickBooks.
Steps on how to delete a payment from a deposit in QuickBooks:
- Launch QuickBooks,
- Choose a record deposits tab from the navigation panel. This will open up a window for you to record deposits.
- If you see a payment from a deposit dialogue box appearing, then choose to cancel the same. This generally happens when you have the window appearing automatically within your account settings.
- Navigate your QuickBooks deposits window and locate the payment entry that you would like to delete. Choose previous tab menu to do so.
- Once you have found the entry, checkmark the box alongside the payment transaction and click the edit option.
- Choose to delete the same by clicking on the delete line
- You will now be asked to confirm your action. Choose yes.
- Save your settings and exit the window, you have now successfully deleted a payment from the deposit.
Though now you know how to delete a payment from a deposit in QuickBooks but what if you want to delete a payment altogether…!
In such a scenario, you would need to follow the steps below:
Steps on how to delete payments in QuickBooks:
If you have any payment to delete within your QB account, you would first have to find what type of payment is it:
- Is it a void payment,
- A payment from a customer, or
- A duplicate payment.
Once you know what kind of payment it is that you want to delete, you can act accordingly. Let’s look at all of them one by one and delete your entry:
Delete a void payment:
If the payment has already been voided by you and you want to delete that entry then check for the steps below:
- Open up the invoice, against which the payment has been voided.
- Locate the payment status tab and choose the “payment received” option.
- Provide the date for your payment.
- From the payment option, choose clear payment
- You will now be given a warning message. Select yes to the message.
- Click save and exit the window.
Delete a payment from a customer:
If you have a payment from a customer that you would want delete because of your own personal preferences then follow the steps below:
- From the main navigation panel within QuickBooks, click on the customer’s tab.
- Choose payments from the drop down option.
- You will now see all the payments listed, click on the one that you would like to delete.
- Press the delete option.
- Choose yes to the warning message and your entry will be deleted.
Delete duplicate payments from a customer:
This is the most common error that people face issues while dealing with. If you have a duplicate payment entry being reflected within your QuickBooks then the following steps will help you delete the same.
- Open up your company file in QuickBooks.
- Choose the banking option.
- From the drop-down list, click on the make deposits tab.
- Now select the duplicate payment entry, you wish to remove or delete from your books.
- Once selected, click on the edit option and choose delete.
- Save your preferences and exit the current window.
- Now choose the list option from the main navigation bar.
- Choose COA as your option.
- Right-click on the undeposited fund’s option and select open from the list of options provided.
- Choose the duplicate entry.
- From the list of options underneath your duplicate entry, click on the edit option. Choose to delete the payment.
Hope you are now clear with the concept of “How to delete a payment from a deposit in QuickBooks”. If there is any other problem that you feel like, we haven’t covered upon then request you to reply us in the comment section below. For any further help give us a call and we assure to provide instant help.
Though QuickBooks is best of the best in terms of handling accounts it is not that simple to use. Thus if you demand support for the software you are using then give our QuickBooks proadvisors a try. We house some of finest talent who are well qualified and experienced in handling any query you might have. Wait no longer and call now.
Still in Doubt…!
Request a Call Back
Talk to our Quickbooks Proadvisor and resolve your issue over a phone call.