“QuickBooks POS Socket Error 10060” connection timed out is a connection timeout issue and is usually associated with the payment process.
Whenever the user tries to complete a transaction through a credit or debit card, the information needs to be authenticated over an active Internet connection. Without this connection, the user will always get an error. If there is an issue with connectivity or the configuration is incorrect, the connection will be time out.
Other errors codes that relate to QuickBooks POS Socket Error
- QuickBooks POS error 10061
Causes QuickBooks POS Socket Error 10060
There are many different reasons that affect your point of sale functionality. The 3 major causes have been listed below:
- Internet Connection Not Working or socket is not connected.
- Security Software blocking network connection.
- Problems with the EFT Server program
How to Fix QuickBooks POS Socket Error 10060
As said already that there is more than one problem that is created by Socket error 10060. Thus there can be multiple solutions that will help you fix the “connection to service socket failed” error. Just follow the simple resolution process and you will be able to get rid of the QuickBooks POS socket error 10060.
Solution 1: The socket is Not Connected
- First, let’s deal with this issue as it is the most common one.
- Contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and ask them if your network is working properly.
- Also, tell them that you’re using QuickBooks and you want to allow all the ports that QB needs access to.
- The second thing that you would want to do is check if your socket is connected.
- If for some reason you have a loose socket or socket is not connected at all then do the same.
- Verify if this has solved your error.
Solution 2: Security Software Blocking Network Connection
- Sometimes, security software such as a firewall can view the connection being made by QuickBooks as a threat.
- In such situations, the network connection is blocked by the security software.
- To test this out, simply disable all security software available on your system including the windows firewall.
- Try to authenticate the transaction once again.
- If the transaction is authenticated and does not throw any error, then you’ve successfully identified the problem and resolved it.
- Later you can add the ports QuickBooks requires to exceptions for firewall software and enable them.
Solution 3: Problems with the EFT Server Program
- The EFT server program is used for connecting and authenticating the transaction.
- Use the steps provided below:
- Open QuickBooks POS
- Select Tools from the top menu bar
- Click on User Information
- Most probably, the WS-EFT server won’t be listed because of which the transaction isn’t authenticated
- In the user information window, check all the settings.
- Enter the correct settings for the server that you’re trying to authenticate the transaction through.
Once you’ve done this, try the transaction again. This time, your error should most probably have been solved. Restart your system and resume using QB POS as you’d like to.
QuickBooks POS is one of the best software as well as hardware solutions available in the market today. To begin with, you get POS software that is tailored to simplify the sales process. You can simply log into the system and start ringing up sales, recording bills and invoices, creating purchase orders, analyzing data, and much more.
Apart from the user-friendly software, you also get access to state-of-the-art hardware. Hardware for QB POS includes a monitor, barcode scanner, QR code scanner, card swipe machine, and so on. You even get a cash drawer.
Our QB technical agents can guide you through the proper setup of the software and resolve errors such as QuickBooks POS socket error 10060 connection timed out. Our team is available round the clock to assist you with both the software and hardware of your QB POS system. To know more, feel free to contact the QuickBooks POS Consultant team.
Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
When I disable the firewall, I am able to use the service. I still want to use the service without disabling the firewall. How can I achieve this?
For doing so, you need to define specific rules for the Windows firewall through the Advanced Firewall settings section. Set both inbound and outbound rules for the application.