This article will guide you with the methods on how to “delete QuickBooks company and start over“. There are many times when you might have to start over in QuickBooks Desktop for various reasons.
The accounting software has become quite a beneficial tool for both small and medium-sized business owners to keep their finances up to date. So when you are required to delete QuickBooks Desktop company and then start over, you can follow the steps to initiate and complete the process.
Changes when you Delete a Company in QuickBooks
It is important to note that deleting permanently an account would result in deleting all data that are associated with that account and the action cannot be undone. The deletion also means that any particular or special calculations that you have made like spilled percentages will be deleted. Also, any other transactions of the account will get deleted after the action. However, you might see some numbers instead of zero in the account despite deleting them that is because these numbers are projection numbers that are leftover. In case you choose to reconnect the accounts then automatically these numbers will get updated.
How to Delete a Company in QuickBooks and Start Over
Before beginning the procedures of starting over in QuickBooks Desktop, you have to remember that the process cannot be undone. Hence in case, the documents need to be secured then they should be kept as a backup on your desktop. Thus, once you have decided on starting over and have a clean data QuickBooks Desktop, these are the next steps you need to follow:
Steps I- In case CSV Files have been Imported, you have to Delete
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop and go to the Gear icon and select it.
- A drop-down menu will appear, from there choose Imports.
- Choose the bank name that you want the CSV files to be imported.
- Once the lists of the imported files appear, then you have to click on the Trash icon so that all the transactions that were imported with the QuickBooks file can be deleted.
Steps II- Deleting all the Data from the Connected Accounts
- Go to the Gear icon on the QuickBooks Desktop and click on it.
- A drop-down menu will appear and from there select the Bank Accounts
- Locate the account that you would like to delete.
- Next on the top right corner of the card select the X icon.
- Next, you have to key in ‘Delete’ to confirm the action, i.e. you are sure that you want to delete the account.
- Once you are sure then to delete the account permanently select the Delete button.
Note: Be very sure that you want to delete the account as once you do that you can no longer retrieve the data.
If you are still not sorted issue – Here are other methods to Delete QuickBooks Company and Start Over
- Open QuickBooks Online and click on the Help icon
- Type the word ‘wipe’ and press enter.
- A list of items will appear, select ‘Wiping Data’.
- You will be given the option that if you are less than 60 days into the subscription, you can wipe off the data. If you are over 60 days then you have to go to the section that states ‘To complete the process.
- Two links will be given in the section, copy the second link
- In the menu bar paste that link.
- It will take you to the wipe or delete the page.
- It will also have the number of charts of accounts on the page.
- Type in YES and then click OK.
- Next, you will be asked to identify the business, from the drop-down menu select that.
- Click on Wipe Data. This will erase the data.
If you are still looking to get yourself sorted and your query on starting over with QuickBooks is still unanswered then dial our customer care Consultant.
Our QuickBooks experts remain available 24/7 in order to assist you. Thus do not worry if you are looking for help at odd hours as we provide assistance day long.
Get instant assistance with QuickBooks accounting software. Our QuickBooks experts are available 24x7 and resolve issues within minimum turnaround time. We support both US & Canada Editions of QuickBooks Software.We get help you on these QuickBooks accounting topics
- Import and Export
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Upgrade & Update
- Payroll Solutions
- Data Recovery and many more.