There are many times when you might have to start over in QuickBooks Desktop for various reasons. This article will guide you with the methods on how to delete QuickBooks company and start over.
The accounting software has become quite a beneficial tool for both small and medium sized business owners to keep their finances up to date. So when you are required to start over in QuickBooks Desktop, you can follow the steps to initiate and complete the process.
Incase you find yourself in a situation where you don’t know what to do next then, dial us toll free at our QuickBooks telephone support number.
- 1 How to Delete QuickBooks Company and Start Over
How to Delete QuickBooks Company and Start Over
Before beginning the procedures of starting over in QuickBooks Desktop, you have to remember that the process cannot be undone. Hence in case if the documents needs to be secured then that should be kept as a backup within your desktop.
Thus, once you have decided on starting over and have a clean data QuickBooks Desktop, these are the next steps you need to follow:
Follow these steps – In case CSV Files have been Imported, you have to Delete :
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop and go to the Gear icon and select it.
- A drop-down menu will appear, from there choose Imports.
- Choose the bank name that you want the CSV files to be imported.
- Once the lists of the imported files appear, then you have to click on the Trash icon so that all the transactions that were imported with the file can be deleted.
Follow next steps – Deleting all the Data from the Connected Accounts
- Go to the Gear icon on the QuickBooks Desktop and click on it.
- A drop-down menu will appear and from there select the Bank Accounts
- Locate the account that you would like to delete.
- Next on the top right corner of the card select the X icon.
- Next you have to key-in ‘DELETE’ to confirm the action, i.e. you are sure that you want to delete the account.
Be very sure that you want to delete the account as once you do that you can no longer retrieve the data.
- Once you are sure then to delete the account permanently select the Delete button.
It is important to note that deleting permanently an account would result in deleting of all data that are associated with that account and the action cannot be undone. The deletion also means that any particular or special calculations that you have made like spilt percentages will be deleted. Also any other transactions of the account will get deleted after the action. However you might see some numbers instead of zero in the account despite deleting it that is because these numbers are projection numbers that are leftover. In case you choose reconnect the accounts then automatically these numbers will get updated.
If you are still not sorted issue – Here are Another Method to Delete QuickBooks Company and Start Over:
- Open QuickBooks Online and click on the Help icon
- Type the word ‘wipe’ and press enter.
- A list of items will appear, select ‘Wiping Data’.
- You will be given the option that if you are less than 60 days into the subscription, you can wipe of the data. If you are over 60 days then you have to go to the section that states ‘To complete the process’.
- Two links will be given in the section, copy the second link
- In the menu bar paste that link.
- It will take you to the wipe or delete page.
- It will also have the number of chart of accounts on the page.
- Type in YES and then click OK.
- Next you will be asked to identify the business, from the drop-down menu select that.
- Click on Wipe Data. This will erase the data.
If you are still looking to get yourself sorted and your query on starting over with QuickBooks is still unanswered then dial our customer care support. Our QuickBooks experts remain available 24/7 in order to assist you. Thus do not worry if you are looking for help at odd hours as we provide assistance all day long.