In this article, you read and learn about QuickBooks import and export, and how to move Quicken Data to QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online. For importing quicken into QuickBooks, you should know that if you are having windows version 1998 or higher then you can directly import your quicken files to QuickBooks Pro or Online. Quicken files on the MAC can only be imported to QuickBooks if it is installed on MAC.
Move Quicken Data to QuickBooks Desktop
To grow your business, you can transfer your Quicken data to QuickBooks Desktop. There are two easy ways to begin the switch: either convert to QuickBooks Desktop immediately or upgrade your file first using the Quicken converter.
When to Use Quicken Converter
- When switching from a Quicken version that’s not a parallel version of your QuickBooks Desktop you only need to use the Quicken Converter to move.
- Quicken for MAC: A Quicken for MAC data file cannot be moved using the Quicken Converter or the QuickBooks Conversion Utility.
- Move your data file to Quicken for Windows if you have Quicken for Mac, or start a new QuickBooks company file in its place.
Steps to Move from Quicken to QuickBooks Desktop
Use the Quicken Converter
Make sure you don’t already have this tool installed before using it. If you do, remove it from your computer and download the correct one from the links below.
Step 1:- Download the Converter Tool
Download the converter tool version that corresponds to your QuickBooks Desktop’s year version
Step 2:- Move and install data
- Select Next after starting the Quicken Converter.
- Click Next after selecting I accept the terms of the licensing agreement.
- Next, you have to choose Install.
- Select Finish after choosing Launch Quicken Converter.
- Then click Get Started because I’m transferring data from Quicken for Windows.
- Select File after opening a data file on this computer.
- Select OK after choosing your Quicken file (.QDF) from the browse menu.
- After choosing Convert it!, you have to choose OK.
- Select Save, then Exit to save your newly created Quicken Data File (.QDF) file.
You can now begin converting using the Conversion Utility in QuickBooks after upgrading your file to a compatible Quicken version.
Use the Conversion Utility
Using the Conversion Utility in QuickBooks Desktop move your Quicken file.
To do this.
- You have to go to file, then you have to select Utilities then click on Convert.
- Then you have to select From Quicken.
- Now you have to select the Quicken file (.QDF) that you want to move.
- The Conversion Utility will help you to go through the rest of the conversion.
How to Import or Move Quicken Data Files into QuickBooks Online
A third-party program for personal accounting and budgeting is called Quicken. You can import your data into QuickBooks Online if you’re transferring from Quicken so you won’t have to start over.
Step 1:- Export your Quicken data to a file
To import your Quicken data into QuickBooks, export it to a.csv file. You can ask for help from Quicken support if you come across issues while converting your file.
Step 2:- Import the file into QuickBooks
- Begin by signing in to QuickBooks.
- After choosing Settings, choose Import Data.
- Then you have to select the type of list that you want to import.
- Choose Browse. After locating the.csv file, choose Open.
Note: You have the option of choosing to download a sample file and use it as a template.
- Choose Next. A page with map data appears. The fields that QuickBooks understands have a green checkmark. Otherwise, No Match will appear.
- To map the fields, use the dropdown menus. Choose Next.
- You have to review all the entries that you will import
- Choose Import at last.
Step 3: Connect your bank account
You can link your bank account after importing your data into QuickBooks successfully. Then, use bank rules to classify your transactions so they are placed in the appropriate accounts.
If you are looking to import your Quicken file into QuickBooks, there are a few things that you need to know.
- Open up your QuickBooks software
- Hover over your cursor on the Files menu, when the drop-down button appears then you would need to on the utility tab.
- Since you need to import your quicken file to QuickBooks thus first you would need to convert that to a (.QBB) file.
- In the utility tab, you just selected click on the converts tab and choose the source as “Quicken”.
- Convert the file from the list of quicken files.
- Once converted you would now be able to open that in your QuickBooks pro or Online version of your QuickBooks.
We can export your data or file into QuickBooks and also provide you with a free consultation so that you can make sure that the move is the right decision for your business. If you are still not able to figure out how to import quicken files to QuickBooks pro then get our help. Give us a call at the QuickBooks consultant telephone number and all the help from our experts.
Get instant assistance with QuickBooks accounting software. Our QuickBooks experts are available 24x7 and resolve issues within minimum turnaround time. We support both US & Canada Editions of QuickBooks Software.We get help you on these QuickBooks accounting topics
- Import and Export
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Upgrade & Update
- Payroll Solutions
- Data Recovery and many more.