In this article, you learn how to fix the memorized report does not open in QuickBooks Desktop, not working or QuickBooks memorized reports opens in a different. These messages could be added to the Qbwin.log file by the Verify Data utility (File > Utilities > Verify Data).
- Error: Verify Memorized Report List: TotUsed is XX, expected XX Error: Verify Memorized Report list: Display index invalid.
- LVL_ERROR–Memorized Report recnum XXX (Name of Report) contains corrupted formatting data. recnum 140 — This memorized report must be deleted.
QuickBooks has left its imprint on every accounting foundation with the most innovative accounting software. While enjoying its vast benefits, the user may encounter occasional technical difficulties memorized report does not open or memorized reports not working, which are generally fixed relatively quickly and by the individual himself. Though the Intuit team is attempting to improve things, many individuals are still experiencing difficulties when using the application memorized transactions are the most prevalent.
QuickBooks has over 100 reports that may be used to see and analyze your financial data. However, there are situations when you are unable to resolve an issue. Sometimes there is a mistake, and sometimes the report you receive simply does not offer you the correct information.
What Exactly do Memorized Reports Indicate?
Generally, When you exhibit a memorized report, the parameters you remembered are applied, but the most recent data is displayed. While in QuickBooks usually, When you memorize a report, you may store it with its existing customization options. Locate and show the report you wish to remember. Choose Customize. When you’ve finished customizing the report, click Run report, then Save customization.
For example: If the report date is set to Last Month and you memorize the report in September but recall it in December, the data in the remembered report will be from November rather than August.
What exactly is the error message that gets displayed on the screen?
Usually, the error message that pops up on the screen says, “ Report contains invalid formatting. Recnum 1** The report must be deleted.“
The error message shown may differ between QB versions. The aforementioned notice might be caused by a number of circumstances, including:
- Either because the path that points to the memorized transactions is damaged or
- The path itself no longer exists
Now that you are aware of this error QuickBooks memorized report does not open, let’s see how the same can be resolved. Let us dig further and ponder the solutions that can be taken.
How to Resolve Memorized Report Does Not Open in QuickBooks Desktop
If a memorized report does not open or a different report opens in QuickBooks Desktop, follow the troubleshooting instructions in this blog. If the memorized report or the list of memorized reports is damaged, this can happen. Instead of opening the desired report.
- The location is either not exited or is empty nothing happens.
- The instructions refer to a different place, but a different report opens.
Solution 1: Basic Data Damage Troubleshooting
- Sort the list of Memorized Reports again
- Choose Memorized Reports from the Reports menu, then select Memorized Reports List.
- Then click Re-sort List under Memorized Reports.
- When asked Are you sure you want to return this list to its original order? choose OK.
- Launch the Rebuild Utility to fix transactions and list harm in your company file
- Navigate to Utilities > Rebuild Data under the File menu.
- If you are asked to back up your company file, click OK.
- If your computer displays the warning QuickBooks is not responding, wait for it to finish as long as you can move your mouse.
- When you see the message Rebuild has finished, click Ok.
- The QBWin.log can be used to locate and fix data damage.
- From the Product Information screen, locate QBWin.log.
- Then you have to open the log file.
- You have to search for (ctrl + F, then type) BEGIN VERIFY and then find the latest one.
- Locate LVL_ERROR. Enter the error into the help search box.
- Follow the instructions to fix the problem.
- Run Verify Data again if more errors are found.
Solution 2: QBwin.log file
Follow each step accurately.
- First, Find the file on your computer and double-click it to open it.
- Since the most recent log files appear at the bottom of the list, proceed to further Start the most recent file.
- After the subsequent step, To locate the Lvl-Error, press CTRL+F. Simply follow the steps and double-check the information.
- Just simply go through the instructions and verify the data again. If you still see errors and redo the steps above.
Solution 3: Recreate the Memorized Report Group
- The QuickBooks company file should be backed up.
- Select Memorized Reports > Memorized Report List from the Reports menu.
- Choose New Group using the Memorized Report drop-down arrow.
- In the Name field, you have to type Z Do Not Use and click OK.
- Transfer all unsuccessful reports to that group.
- Select Edit Memorized Report by performing a right-click on the affected report.
- Then you have to select the Save in Memorized Report Group checkbox.
- Choose Z Do Not Use from the Save in Memorized Report Group drop-down arrow.
- Repeat for each memorized report that was impacted.
- Make 15 to 20 memorized reports that you can remember, then save them in the Z Do Not Use group.
- Depending on the file, different reports may be needed.
- On the next message, you have to select the Memorized Report > Re-sort List > OK.
- Then you have to close and again open QuickBooks.
- Now you have to recreate memorize the reports that you need.
May be helpful- QuickBooks Point of Sale Memorized Reports
How to Fix QuickBooks Reports Not Working Issue
The most commonly used features of QuickBooks are initializing business plans, preparing reports, spreadsheets, and invoices, filing taxes, maintaining income and expenses sheets, and many more.
Follow the below steps to fix the issue…
- First, you would need to create a backup for your company file.
- Now navigate like: Reports > Memorized reports > Reports list.
- Now scroll down to the bottom of the list and you will see the option called Reports, now click on New group.
- Now in the name field, enter the phrase as it is “Z Do Not Use” and click Ok.
- This is the folder you created wherein all the broken reports will be moved.
- Thus now locate the broken reports tab and from the drop-down menu that appears click on the edit reports icon.
- From the Save reports group, select the folder you created with the name “Z does not use”.
- You will have to repeat the above-given steps for every broken file you encounter.
- Now click on the reports button and click on the sort list tab and then click ok.
- Now re-login to your QuickBooks accounts and your issue will most likely be sorted.
If you need more help on memorized reports not working in QuickBooks, deleting memorized reports, creating a custom report, and saving customize reports, QuickBooks easily and effectively then you would need to talk to our QuickBooks error consultant. To get help call our toll-free helpline number.