One such technical error which may hinder your work is “QuickBooks Error 6129“. Error code 6129, 0 is a 6000 series error related to the company file in the QuickBooks program. You will receive an error message on your computer screen stating that:
“A user is trying to access company file or is trying to create a new file”.
If you encounter error codes -6129 0, and -6129 101 while working on the QuickBooks, then you won’t have to panic as Intuit itself has brought through solutions with which these errors can be resolved without any fuss. QuickBooks is one of the most used accounting solutions, but it sometimes malfunctions under certain circumstances.
What is QuickBooks Error 6129 Company File Issue
It signifies that the computer system consisting of QuickBooks software is not allowing the successful creation of company records or files. This happens when the user is trying to model a new company file. Another reason which may be responsible for the occurrence of this error cropping up on your screen while accessing a company file is with certain windows operating systems. Some of the windows OS which may assist in QuickBooks Error 6129, 0 are listed below:
- Windows 2000
- Windows ME
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 10
Reasons too that are maybe Responsible for the QuickBooks Error 6129
- Security software like antivirus restricts the creation of a new company file or record.
- Corrupt network file with extension .nd.
- Restructuring of a company files from an old QuickBooks folder while the administrator login of the system for the user is not working properly.
- The software and company file are on a different system.
How to Resolving QuickBooks Error 6129, 0
There are a few ways to resolve this QuickBooks Error 6129, 0 and 6129, 101. You can read about three solutions in this article that will help you in resolving your error.
Solution I: Recreate Company File
- Start the system again under safe mode only.
- Once the system starts operating properly, disable the antivirus employed.
- However, Internet connectivity with the system should not be on.
- Make sure that network connectivity is down before going for disabling the software.
- You can enable the antivirus after you have resolved the error.
- You can reassign the antivirus software with the system without turning on the Internet:
- Recreate the company file of QuickBooks.
- Turn the normal mode on from Safe mode and then restart the computer system.
- Once the system is started up go to QuickBooks software and try to open the company file.
Solution II: If the File is Accessed on More than One Computer
- Open a new folder.
- Then you will have to transfer all the QuickBooks company files (ending with .QBW extension) to the new folder.
- If you are working on one system to QuickBooks then you can open the company file now
- However, if the file is accessed on more than one computer system then the next steps need to be followed.
- Go to the start button of your system >> Programs >> QuickBooks >> select the folder name QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Go to the “scan folders” option.
- In case there is no file that pops up then you would have to add a new folder.
- Again, click on scan, and once the scan is over, close the window.
- Now open the QuickBooks Company file.
Solution III: Repair Company File
- Check whether you are having trouble with a single company file or all the company files.
- To resolve this issue, you need to restart your system and log in to it as “Administrator”.
- Repair the company file.
If you follow the solutions suggested above, you can resolve your QuickBooks Error 6129, 101.
If you need some assistance while resolving the error, you can get in touch with “askforaccounting.com”. They have hired efficient QuickBooks error Consultant professionals who are certified by Intuit.