There are always some invoices in the business which are sent to the regular customers on a month on month basis for the same amount and the same product or same service and same price. Let’s start our article about the “Set up of the Recurring Invoices in QuickBooks Online“. It’s obvious that you would want the system to send these kinds of recurring invoices to your customers on an automatic basis to avoid all the hassle due to manual creating and sending the recurring invoices.
Just so you know, it is possible with your QuickBooks online, you just need to schedule or set up your recurring invoices and QuickBooks will keep sending invoices to your customers on a periodical basis.
Steps to follow for Setting up a Recurring Invoices in the QuickBooks Online
Let us look into the below steps to understand how to do it:
- First of all, you need to click on settings (gear icon), after that you need to click on recurring transactions and then new.
- Now, in the next step, select transaction type > Invoice > and click on OK.
- In the next step, you need to select scheduled for type and click on “automatically send emails”.
- Now fill the complete form and save the template. You will have to repeat these steps for each recurring invoices you wish to set up.
You can also CC yourself for the automatic sending of the recurring invoices. This would help you in keeping the tab over the invoices as a sanity check. Please refer to the below steps:
- First of all, click on settings (gear icon) and then click on company settings.
- Now click on sales, then messages, and finally click on email me a copy.
How to Confirm that Invoices are Created?
There are several ways through which you can confirm that invoices are created and sent to the customers, we will discuss them as below:
- The first simple check is that you need to check your mailbox to check whether you have received a copy of the invoice as you have already CC’d yourself for automatic sending earlier.
- You can also check for automatic customer wise transaction report, for this you will have to follow the below steps:
- First of all, from the navigation bar, click on reports > report fields > select recent automatic transactions.
- Now in the next step click on customize > rows/ column > select group by customer (choose customer) > run report.
- You can email, print, and also export to excel for verification purposes.
- You can also view the customer page and invoice to confirm that the recurring invoice was created and sent to the customer.
- You need to click on the navigation bar and then choose customers. After that click on the customers with recurring invoices, it will open the open (sent) in the status column.
- Now click on the invoice to check for the last delivery time stamp.