The “TSheets integration with QuickBooks Desktop for Windows” can be done easily. Here is the proper guide that you must follow while doing the integration or the setup. The web connector is used in this process to get it done so here are some things that you must do before starting it.
Things you have to Take Care of Before Starting the Integration or Set up in QuickBooks
- Check that you are able to sign in as the admin who has all the rights (mostly the username is admin).
- You have to turn on the preferences of Full Payroll.
- Make sure that you have tick mark the option “Use time data to create paychecks” for both each active employee and company-wide preferences.
- You must be able to switch into the Single-user mode anytime whenever required.
- The start date of the week must be the same in the TSheets and QuickBooks.
- Each employee must set up with the one payroll item minimum (the transfer is not done if you won’t have at least one item of payroll item).
- All the users are added to the QuickBooks as the Vendors or Employees that need to have time exported in their QuickBooks account.
- The system you are using is available on it for the synchronizations of the QuickBooks Desktop and TSheets; as the sync is done in one location only.
The above things show that the QuickBooks Desktop is integrating with the existing account of TSheets. If you don’t have an account before then create one by buying the subscription.
On the Same System do the following steps
- First of all, start the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now in your account, open the company file that you want to integrate with the TSheets.
- Then sign in as the admin in the single-user mode.
- As the administrator, perform the sign into the TSheets.
Now Install the TSheets QuickBooks Integration Add-on
For this, add-on installation the steps are mentioned below:-
- Firstly, go to the TSheets and open it.
- Now click on the option Features Add-ons that is in the left menu.
- Further, click on the Manage Add-ons.
- Then you get the list from which you have to search for QuickBooks Desktop Integration.
- After that, click on the Install button.
In the installation, there are 2 steps that are:-
Step 1- Select Options
In this, you have to select all the information that you want to integrate and then click on the Next button. Now the selection you did can be changed in the Preferences later on. It includes the following things:-
- Import Customers and Jobs- In your TSheets account, it imports all the active customers with their jobs so that the employees can easily track the time. You can assign it later or now it is totally up to you. The addresses of customers also sync automatically helping them in locating nearby jobs functionality
- Import 1099 Vendors only- Those who are eligible for 1099 in QuickBooks Desktop needs to limit the importing of Vendors
- Show Service Items- The employees can pick the service item from the list while tracking time. It is listed over as list employees to make it easier.
- Delete all users- The employees that you added in the TSheets before are not going to link with the QuickBooks Desktop account. Put them in the archive when you do your first synchronization
- Show Billable- This provides an option that helps employees to check that the time tracking is billable or not that they are doing
- Import Vendors as Employees- You have to import the users in TSheets by choosing them if you have the Contractors/Vendors who track time
- Show Class- The class list comes over as a list that employees can pick from when they are tracking the time.
- Before doing the integration, the first sync of QuickBooks Desktop removes all the Customers or Jobs that you added in the TSheets. You get a warning window on your screen, read it and if you want to proceed then type the Delete and click on the Continue button
Step 2- Set Up Web Connector
In this, click on the Advanced/Manual setup
- Now, click on the blue link named Web_connector and then open the file that is downloaded.
- Then in the Security window, click on the OK button.
- After this, you get the next Security Window and in this, choose Yes, whenever this QuickBooks company file open option and then select the Continue option.
- You get the access confirmation window in which select the Done.
- Search the password in the window of TSheets Set up Web Connector.
- Now, you are back in the window of Web Connector where you have to enter your password of 4-digit and press the enter button.
- When asked you have to choose the option Save password so that you won’t have to log in again and again.
- After that, tick marks the box on the left of the TSheets application and click on the Update Selected.
- Now you are again back in the window saying congratulations! as the synchronization process is completed.
Above, you get to know the important things that you do before the TSheets integration with QuickBooks Desktop for Windows. This is the complete and verified process of installing, integrating, and synchronizing one. You can also send your questions by emailing us at [email protected] or for instant solutions, reach them via a 24/7 live chat service.
If you have any other issues or queries then dial the toll-free QuickBooks Consultant number for resolution “TSheets Integration with QuickBooks”. The team is available 365 days a year to get you all the answers in less time whenever required.