“QuickBooks Web Connector” is an application that allows qbXML and qbposXML to move between a web-based application and QB POS. Users can face some problems when using this application and QuickBooks Web Connector error is one of them. It is also termed as QBWC1085. This mistake is correlated with QB’s log files which typically happen when they try to open the company file which restricts you to write log files.
Go through the blog, to get complete guidelines related to this error including reasons and symptoms along with complete resolutions.
- 1 What is QuickBooks Web Connector Error:
- 2 What are the Symptoms of QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085:
- 3 Causes of QuickBooks Web Connector (QBWC1085) Error
- 4 How to Fix QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085
- 5 Steps to Fix QuickBooks Web Connector will Continue Without a Log File
- 6 Add a new Web Service with QuickBooks Web Connector:
- 7 FAQ’s
What is QuickBooks Web Connector Error:
When users open QuickBooks Enterprise, they come across one of these exceptions type errors such as an issue with the log file, QB Web Connector failed to write the log file, QuickBooks will open without writing the log file; QB Web Connector will proceed without the log file.
QBWC1085: QuickBooks was unable to write to the log file. QuickBooks will open without writing to log file.
QBWC1085: There was a problem with the log file. QuickBooks Web Connector will continue without the log file.
Exception TypeError: Unknown name
What are the Symptoms of QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085:
Different symptoms are faced by the users when they caught this error. The symptoms are as follows:-
- Your system is slow responding to the input like mouse or keyboard.
- The system freezes when running the same program.
- QuickBooks is not responding.
- Windows got corrupted.
- The error message displays on your screen.
Causes of QuickBooks Web Connector (QBWC1085) Error
The error will occur either in the “QB must open a log file without writing” or “QB could not write to log file.” It can also happen when there was a problem with the log file and QuickBooks Web Connector will continue without the log file.
- It occurs when QB is not able to write to the web connector log file
- This tries to access knowledge from a third party web-based system to the QB Desktop.
- Damage software and unreliable web connector programs use TXT files. The error may be followed by the quoted message in some cases.
- QuickBooks Web Connector works fine when important components that have been damaged and not working properly.
- Disable web connector part or remove it during initialization.
- Be careful and do not use QuickBooks to attach the link. It will bring pop on your screen in case you connect them on stage.
How to Fix QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085
Make sure that the Web Connector program must be enabled before starting with the troubleshooting steps. Now perform the steps as mentioned below to rectify QuickBooks Web Connector error.
Total Time: 30 minutes
🔹 Initially, press Windows + R keys together from the keyboard
🔹 Now you can see the Run window will open
🔹 After that type “MSConfig” and then click on the Ok button
🔹 To proceed further click on the Startup tab
🔹 Look for the checkbox named “QuickBooks Web Connector” and mark the same
🔹 Now click on Ok before that hit the Apply button
🔹 Finally, restart the system and check if the error is resolved or not.
Step 2: Taskbar and make a right-Click on the QuickBooks Web Connector
🔹 The very first, go to Taskbar and make a right-click on the QuickBooks Web Connector
🔹 After that exit the tab and the open Windows File Manager
🔹 Next, go to C: > ProgramData > Intuit > QBWebConnector > log folder
🔹 Now open and right-click on the QWCLOG.TXT file and select rename option
🔹 QWCLOGOLD.TXT is the name and you have to change to it and save the same
🔹 Now restart the Web Connector program
🔹 At last, reboot the system and try to open QuickBooks once again.
Step 3: Close QuickBooks program and Web Connector
🔹 Select the below:
. If you are working on Windows 7 or 8 or Vista then navigate through this path – C:ProgramDataIntuitQBWebConnectorlog
. For Windows XP users follow this path – C:Documents and SettingsAll Users then locate the Application Data and head over to Intuit folder.
🔹 Here you will find the QBWebConnector log file.
🔹 Now you would have to replace the file name QWCLOGOLD.TXT to QWCLOG.TXT.
🔹 Open Web Connector program again.
🔹 Restart the computer
🔹 Open QuickBooks application and open your third-party program.
The above method surely helps to fix such issues and it opens QB without an error. You’ll be able to easily sync it with the third-party application successfully.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Web Connector will Continue Without a Log File
If you are seeing this error, then it is because QWCLOG.TXT file that is being used by QuickBooks Web Connector is not accessible by QuickBooks. Or the reason is also that the file is damaged. But here is how you can fix it.
Step 1: If your Company Data is Connected with a Third Party App then do the following:
- Run windows as an administrator.
- For windows 7 or window 8 or windows vista, just follow the path like: C:ProgramData MicrosoftWindowsStart MenuProgramsStartup
- Right click the folder named “Quickbooks web-connector” and hit delete.
- Now shut down the computer and reopen it to run quickbooks.
Step 2: If you are Already Connected with Web Connector then follow along:
- Completely exit QuickBooks and web connector.
- For windows vista: Just follow the path like: C:ProgramDataIntuitQBWebConnectorlog
- Rename the file called QWCLOG.TXT to name it QWCLOGOLD.TXT
- Open the Web Connector app.
- Restart your computer and everything should work fine.
But all of these issues can be lessened by incorporating the web service you want to use with QuickBooks Web connector in an easy way. For that users need to ensure that the QB Desktop has been supported by either QuickBooks SDK or QBPOS SDK that are discussed in the above paragraph.
Add a new Web Service with QuickBooks Web Connector:
Adding a new web service with a QB Web connector is pretty easy. .qwc extension files are XML files that are automatically accessed with QBWC. This works with all QB Server apps that the QuickBooks SDK or the QBPOS SDK supports. It can also include the following:
- U.S. editions of QB Financial Software products like
- Enterprise Solutions
- Pro (2002 or later)
- Premier (2002 or later)
- Simple Start (2006 or later)
- QuickBooks Point of Sale (v4.0 or later)
- Canadian editions of QuickBooks Enterprise, Premier, or Pro (2003 or later)
- UK editions of QB Pro or Accountant Edition (2003 or later)
How to Connect With Us?
Furthermore, you can explore the related blog to troubleshoot QuickBooks Web Connector Error 1085 and QuickBooks web connector unable to remove at your own to bring the things back to normal. Hopefully, this blog helps you to resolve the issues easily if you still face the same difficulty, feel free to reach out to the exports to get instant QuickBooks Error Support, you can even send your queries details via email firstname.lastname@example.org or do a 24*7 live chat with dedicated experts.
What is QuickBooks Web Connector?
The QuickBooks Web Connector (QBWC) is a Microsoft Windows application that helps users to extract the information from third-party web-based applications. It also enables web services to exchange data with QuickBooks Desktop products (including QuickBooks Point of Sale and QuickBooks Financial Software). In other words, it is industry-specific solutions in order to estimate invoicing and many other activities that cater business requirements.
How to Restart QuickBooks Web Connector?
● The very first, open the Task bar and look for the Web Connector and then make a right-click on it.
● Next, go to Exit and then open Windows File Manager.
● Now, go to the folder with the name C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QBWebConnector\Log.
● After that, make a right-click on QWCLOG.TXT file and select the rename option.
● Change the name to QWCLOGO.TXT and save it carefully. Once you’re done with that, restart the QuickBooks Web Connector.
● Finally, reboot the systems and try to open QuickBooks once again.
How to Disable QuickBooks Web Connector?
You can easily disable the QuickBooks Web Connector from launching when you turn on the system by deleting the appropriate startup entry. The steps you need to do is
● Initially, press the Windows start button from the keyboard
● Then click on “All Programs”
● Next, go to “Startup” which is followed by QB.
● Now, make a right-click on “Exchange Data with Web Services”.
● After that, click “Delete” which is followed by “Yes” button
● Finally, it will automatically disable the QuickBooks Web Connector from launching at startup.