QuickBooks have become quite useful software for business owners. With various features the accounting software does not only help in keeping the finances of the business up to date but also enhances the productivity. Among many features useful to QuickBooks one such being the option to host multiple users. But for this you would need to play with the hosting settings. If you don’t know how to turn on hosting mode in QuickBooks then all you need to do is, just follow along.
The multiple user mode increases the productivity as it allows more than a person to work on a company file at the same time. Thus if you have a team working on and maintaining your bookkeeping then using QuickBooks in multi-user mode will be your way to go.
Though we will provide you with all the steps on how to fix things up but still if you find any issues with your program then immediately reach out to our QuickBooks telephone support at the earliest.
Find the Shortcuts
How to turn on Hosting Mode in QuickBooks for Multiple Users?
For enabling multiple users you have to turn on the hosting mode, which can be done only from the server or the host computer. Once the hosting mode is on you have the option of letting the users use files and features that you want them to access while barring from others.
It will also enable you to track what the modifications or deletions have been done and who have done it. You also have the option of networking QuickBooks by turning on the hosting mode.
What is Hosting?
In QuickBooks hosting means a condition in which the main computer that stores a company file (the host) lets other computers access the file. The following services are used by QuickBooks to manage the access of the company files:
- QuickBooks 2018 uses QuickBooksDB28
- QuickBooks 2017 uses QuickBooksDB27
- QuickBooks 2016 uses QuickBooksDB26
There are three different types of QuickBooks Desktop hosting modes:
- Dedicated hosting
- Peer to peer hosting
- Alternate hosting
How To Turn On The Hosting Mode within QuickBooks?
- Open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the main menu and click on Company.
- From the drop-down list select Set Up Users and Passwords.
- Another list will appear, click on the Set Up Users.
- A new window will open with the title User List.
- It will appear with the Admin (logged on) in the list since it is the first time.
- On the right hand side there are several tabs, click on the Add User tab.
- A new window will appear with the title Set up user password and access.
- In the box beside User Name, type in the name of the user you want to add.
- Next enter password and then reconfirm it.
- Do not check the box that states Add this user to my QuickBooks license.
- Click on Next.
- It will take you to the section that asks the areas that you would like the user to access. Three options will be given:
- All areas of QuickBooks
- Selected areas of QuickBooks (You will make the selection in the screens that follow).
- External Accountant (Access to all areas of QuickBooks except customer data, such as credit card numbers).
Depending on what you want the user to access check item. If you select the second option, then follow the next steps:
- Click on Next and then different modules will appear like Sales and Accounts Receivables with the options
- No Access
- Full Access
- Selective Access with further options
Depending on what you would like the user to access check on the option.
Like this many other modules with options will appear and you decide the access that you wish to give to the user. On completion of selection of the modules a window will appear with the list that the user is able to access and not.
- Click on Finish and then Close.
Hope you are now sorted with your query If you have any further queries then contact QuickBooks Support now who will get you on call.