QuickBooks has become one of the essential accounting software in the market for business. While it has been running quite efficiently in windows, users of Mac have faced some running and installation issues with QuickBooks. This article will guide you on the steps of how to use QuickBooks for Mac.
While there are several features that can and cannot be used in the Mac version of QuickBooks, but if it is installed properly the software will work just fine.
Follow the next steps to run QuickBooks seamlessly in Mac.
Make sure that QuickBooks Mac Desktop version is compatible…
QuickBooks for Mac 2016 US only
- QuickBooks for Mac 2016 R5 or earlier – macOS 10.10.2 (Yosemite), macOS 10.11 (El Capitan).
- QuickBooks for Mac 2016 R6 and later – macOS 10.11 (El Captain), and macOS 10.12 (Sierra).
- Intel processor, Core 2 Duo or higher.
- Multiuser Server: Intel Core 2 Duo or higher processor to run server.
- Product registration is required.
For more requirements, contact our QuickBooks tech support team.
Integration / Compatibility requirements
- For exporting data reports Apple Numbers’09, Microsoft Excel 2008 or 2011 for Mac.
- E-mail needs Apple Mail, Microsoft Entourage 2008 or Outlook 2011 for Mac.
- Paid subscription is required for processing payroll that is integrated with QuickBooks for Mac. Also requires Internet connection for printing it, which is an additional cost.
Get your License and Product Numbers
- Download Product: If you are using Internet to download the product you will receive an email from QuickBooks that will have the license and the product number. In case you have not received the confirmation mail about purchasing or for the trail version of QuickBooks then you can retrieve your license number or contact support.
- Using CD: If you are using QuickBooks CD to install the product then you have to scratch-off the label on the packaging to get the license and the product number.
Installing QuickBooks Mac Desktop
- Ready the Installer
- To download QuickBooks from the company website go to Downloads & Update page. Click on the Change link and select your Mac version.
- For CD installation use the CD installer.
- Start the installation.
- Close all the applications that are running.
- Insert the QuickBooks CD into the CD-ROM or double-click the download installer. The QuickBooks installation windows will open automatically.
- Drag the QuickBooks icon to the Applications folder. The Applications folder will automatically open.
- Double-click the QuickBooks icon to open the application.
Upgrade or Convert Your Company File
You have to update your company file in case you want to upgrade QuickBooks Desktop for Mac; to do that follows these steps:
- Open your company file in the newer version.
- Select Upgrade when you are prompted to do so.
- Click on OK after the upgrade is done.
- To see that the correct company file is converted check you balances, reports and accounts.
How to Use QuickBooks for Mac: Multi user setup?
- You can do a multi-user set up if you have more than one license.
- Open the Multi-user folder.
- To the Applications folder drag QuickBooks Server icon.
- To modify the Applications folder when prompted click on Authenticate. Enter the Admin user and password and then Click OK.
- Open your company file.
- Go to file and select Enable Multi-user mode.
Hope you are now well sorted with your query, how to use QuickBooks for Mac. In case you are still facing issues then you would now have to connect with QuickBooks telephone support. Our customer service help desk remain available 24/7 to get your sorted with any issue that you might have. Thus wait no more and connect with QuickBooks ProAdvisors now.