Intuit defines QuickBooks error 1706 as a result of receiving an error from Microsoft Windows. This relates to an attempted installation from removable media such as a CD or DVD. The QuickBooks error 1706 code indicates that there is some problem with QuickBooks Point of Sale download and installation. When the user turns on the computer to start the POS installer the error occurs giving an error message:
No valid source could be found when opening Point of Sale.
QuickBooks point of sale is a tricky software and when it faces issues then they seem unsolvable. But no worries we will guide you through the steps that will help you sail the boat. But if you don’t want to go through all the hassle of going through the steps then, connect for help now.
What Causes QuickBooks POS Error 1706
- The installation of Point of Sale software is corrupt or damaged.
- Beta version of Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 on the computer.
- Microsoft .NET Framework improperly installed.
- CD of you software you are using to install QuickBooks is may be damaged.
- Firewall settings are not allowing the installation process.
- Windows registry gets damaged or corrupt.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1706: Resolve Intuit Point Of Sale Issue
There are several troubleshooting methods for QuickBooks POS Error 1706. Let’s have a look at the given steps and follow accordingly:
Solution 1: Download the Microsoft Fixit Tool or System File Checker Tool
- Download and System File Checker tool (SFC) and install it by using the /scan now option.
- This will try to repair all Windows operating system files comprising of Microsoft .NET Framework.
Solution 2: Reinstall the QuickBooks Point of Sale software
You may have to perform uninstall and reinstall again the Point of Sale to resolve QuickBooks Error 1706. So follow the simple steps:
- First of all, from the start menu of QuickBooks, Open the Control Panel.
- After that go to the Programs and Features section and select QuickBooks POS.
- Click on Uninstall the QuickBooks POS and then follow the step to uninstall properly.
- Now, you can use a fresh installation source for a clean installation of QuickBooks POS.
Solution 3: Check the Latest Product Release and Update the QuickBooks POS for Desktop
You may also get QuickBooks Error 1706 if you try to install an outdated version of QuickBooks Point of sale. They are not compatible with your current version. So updating it to the latest release can resolve the issue.
- Open the product update section of your system.
- Confirm that the Point of sale application is marked as a product.
- Follow the onscreen steps to install updated manually.
- Once the installation is complete, restart your system.
- Then try to use QuickBooks Point of sale or check if the error is resolved or not.
This error has been reported by the users who have recently updated to Windows 10. The error indicates that the entries made by the Point of Sale into the windows registry have been overwritten or changed. To fix this QuickBooks point of sale error 1706, reinstalling the software is recommended as the entries are entered again into Windows.
If the above steps recommended by Intuit are not working properly and the error persists you can report the issue to QuickBooks error consultant. Give them a call and get your QuickBooks error 1706 sorted. If you fail to connect with them you can choose AskforAccounting.com.
Get instant assistance with QuickBooks accounting software. Our QuickBooks experts are available 24x7 and resolve issues within minimum turnaround time. We support both US & Canada Editions of QuickBooks Software.We get help you on these QuickBooks accounting topics
- Import and Export
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Upgrade & Update
- Payroll Solutions
- Data Recovery and many more.