A wrong file setting or a corrupted file might give you the following quick message when installing the QuickBooks Desktop software. This QuickBooks error 1904 can also happen when installing QuickBooks Desktop software after updating your operating system from Windows Vista to Windows 7 and the system was not restarted after the upgrade.
If the multiple errors are displayed that particularly mention the qbupdate.exe and ICWrapper.dll, qbprefs.dll, RcnFndRequestHandler.dll then the issue is likely to cause by a corrupted component of Microsoft Visual C++. Carry out the given troubleshooting steps to fix the issue QuickBooks error 1904 module failed to register.
- 1 Run the QuickBooks Software Install Diagnostic Tool
- 2 Resolution to QuickBooks Error 1904: Failed to Register when Installing QuickBooks Desktop
- 2.1 Solution 1: Activate the integrated Administrator
- 2.2 Solution 2: Switch to the integrated Administrator Account
- 2.3 Solution 3: Conceal the integrated Administrator account
- 2.4 Solution 4: Use QuickBooks software Install Diagnostic Tool
- 2.5 Solution 5: Check permissions and hidden integrated Administrator account
Run the QuickBooks Software Install Diagnostic Tool
- Choose ignore the appeared error message and allow the installation completion. DO NOT start the QuickBooks Desktop
- Restart your system
- If the installation process leaves uncompleted, download and begins the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Restart your system
- If operating the diagnostic tool did not fix the issue to stimulate the integrated Administration and then install QuickBooks software under the integrated administrator account
Resolution to QuickBooks Error 1904: Failed to Register when Installing QuickBooks Desktop
Solution 1: Activate the integrated Administrator
- Hit the Windows key on your keyboard
- Enter in CMD > Right-click Command Prompt/CMD/cmd.exe and choose Run as Administrator
- On the command quick window, enter in the net user administrator /active:yes and hit Enter
Note: If you see an error message, enter net user administrator /active as an alternative.
Solution 2: Switch to the integrated Administrator Account
- Press and hold Ctrl+Alt+Delete simultaneously on the keyboard then choose Switch User
Note: For the Windows 8 users: Click the Windows key and choose the user icon on the top right of the screen
- Press and hold Ctrl+Alt+Delete simultaneously and choose the default Administrator account
Solution 3: Conceal the integrated Administrator account
If the error message appears while installing the Adobe Flash Player
- Download and start the QuickBooks software Install Diagnostic Tool
- Firstly, Un-installation of Adobe Flash Player is needed
- To run the window, press and hold Windows + R together on your keyboard.
- Enter in Control Panel and choose OK
- Choose to Uninstall a program
- Choose Adobe Flash Player ActiveX and then click Uninstall.
- Perform the on-screen guidelines to accomplish the process
- Download and then install the Adobe Flash Player
Solution 4: Use QuickBooks software Install Diagnostic Tool
- Download and start the QuickBooks software Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Restart the system and then reinstall QuickBooks.
- To begin and the Run window, press and hold Windows + R button on your keyboard
- Enter in Notepad and choose OK.
- Enter in QBTEST in your notepad
- From the File menu, choose Save As.
- Save the file or folder to install directory.
Contact Support from QuickBooks specialist
I hope the above mention information will help you to fix the QuickBooks Error 1904. However, if the registration is still failing in QuickBooks Desktop, you can get reliable expert support for 24×7 to provide with suitable solution and explanation. QuickBooks error support are certified experts with years of experience and training.
You can easily connect with the professionals by availing to the diverse communication mode. You can either connect by directly calling at Ask for accounting toll-free number or by chatting with the experts via Live Chat Support.