In this article we will discussed about how you can fix the error “QuickBooks is unable to verify the financial institution information for this download”. Its error generally occurs when QuickBooks does not accept a specific bank id.
- 1 Know more QuickBooks is Unable to Verify the Financial Institution
- 2 Why QuickBooks is Unable to Verify the Financial Institution Information for this Download Error is happening?
- 3 Solutions Step When QuickBooks is Unable to Verify the Financial Institution
- 4 Advanced Troubleshooting Methods to fix QuickBooks is unable to verify financial information for this download:
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
- 5.1 1. What can I do if the Failure in Verifying the Financial Institution is through a Credit Card Company?
- 5.2 2. What can I re-create QBO Importable file if an Error is Generated in the Excel File of a third-party Application?
- 5.3 3. What are the Frequent Causes of QuickBooks Unable to Verify the Financial Institution Information for this Download?
- 5.4 4. How can I verify my Bank Identification Number while fixing ” QuickBooks is Unable to Verify the Financial Institution information for this Download Error”?
- 5.5 5. What will Happen if the Payee name Contains more than 32 Characters?
Know more QuickBooks is Unable to Verify the Financial Institution
When users use QuickBooks for accounting purposes, sometimes faces QuickBooks is unable to verify the financial institution. This issue might arise due to several reasons, but the most frequent causes are when Bank ID inside QuickBooks is not integrated properly and fails to recognize the ID code. In the below write-up, there discuss the troubleshooting solutions of QuickBooks is unable to verify the financial institution information for this download.
Note: Before importing the QuickBooks online into QuickBooks, Need to open QBO file into Excel or notepad.
Related Article: What to Do if QuickBooks Export to Excel Greyed Out?
Why QuickBooks is Unable to Verify the Financial Institution Information for this Download Error is happening?
User most encounter this error message like “QuickBooks is unable to verify the financial institution information for this download” when user trying to import the .QBO file into QuickBooks. know the possible causes are below:
- When your QuickBooks copy is three years older, for instance, current 2019, QuickBooks 2016, or preceding QuickBooks versions like QuickBooks enterprise 16 or prior, then it will not import.QBO files. In this case, you need either update to the advance version or use CSV2IIF converters, or use Bank2IIF according to the file type and import as IIF file rather than QBO files.
- If your credit Card Company or Bank is not allowed through QuickBooks, you recommend using Bank2QBO to create your QBO file from the allowed banking institutions.
- This error might happen when you have created wrong .QBO file or contain not ready QuickBooks version. The extended OFX files are known as QuickBooks OFX; however, there is some minor difference arise between OFX and QBO files. The QBO files might follow the OFX specifications, but it is unacceptable for QuickBooks. Additionally, different QuickBooks versions have different specifications for QBO documents. You can use Bank2QBO to create a QBO file ready version.
- When you have a US bank belonged .QBO file and you are attempting to import it from Canadian edition or vice-versa, there might be a chance of information verification failure. In this case, Bank2QBO is used to make .QBO importable file into QuickBooks.
- Sometimes the issue might occur when your .QBO file was generated from an Excel file or CSV file from a third-party application. You are recommended to use CSVQBO for recreating QBO importable file by QuickBooks.
Related Article: QuickBooks Accountant Copy Failed: How to Fix?
Solutions Step When QuickBooks is Unable to Verify the Financial Institution
Here is the list of troubleshooting steps you can apply when the issue arises:
You urgently you need a Quick resolution, so you can temporarily resolve the issue through the below steps:
- Discover the fidix.txt available in the initial folder and then open it through the notepad.
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX\Components\OLB\Branding\filist
- After this view, banks name MB financial, there will appear four series of numbers such as “XXXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX” outline the numbers
- Open the file. QBO with the notepad and then start searching ,, OR .
- Once done, modify the number appearing nears the characters along with the numbers displaying in FIDIR.
- Save the applied changes as .QBO
- Open the Company file and then start importing of it.
Fix Web Connect issues:
List of things you require to resolve the Web Connect errors:
- Initially, you have to take a backup of your company files.
- After this, search for the active version you have
- At last, check the available update and update the IE(Internet Explorer)
Step 1: Proceed with downloading the Web Connect file
You have to download the Web connect file directly through the Bank instead of QuickBooks. To do this, here are the important things you need to do:
- Firstly, login the official website of your Bank
- Once done, locate and start downloading the Web connect file (.QBO)
- After this, you require to open QuickBooks and then Company files. There might occur some Bank related issues; then, you have to contact the Bank to sort out the issue.
- In case you unable to import the transaction, then you need to link your bank account. Once done, verify the error; if not fixed, and then proceed with the next step.
Step 2: Verify the QBO file from the Bank
In this step, you have to check the type of the downloaded file; it must be a QBO file. You require doing this verification because QBO files are the compatible type that Web Connect can read. If there found any other file types, and then there require to sign-in on the official website of Bank to re-download the file. You can also take the Bank’s help regarding any issue. Once done, re-open the QuickBooks and re-attempt to import the QBO file.
Step 3: Check the Bank Notifications
Verify the Bank Website; Several Banks modify the supporting methods of QuickBooks. To check the new notification, you can easily view it through the official website. Simply sign in to the bank website and read if there available any messages or notification. If available, then here are the instructions:
- If your bank pauses supporting the Web connect, then you need to disconnect it.
- Verify the verification request from Bank’s website:
- In several banks, there is a need to check the identity for accessing the data of QuickBooks. It might need when you start the reinstallation or update process.
- To perform the verification process, sign in to the associated Bank’s website and verify if there was any notification. If found, then check the message regarding QuickBooks’ data access and, according to the on-screen instructions, start allotting access to data.
Step 4: Start Switching Banking Modes
- Initially, Open QuickBooks Software
- Choose the Banking option.
- Once done, hit on the Bank Feeds and then click the Change Bank Feed Mode button.
- Locate bank feed window, select the Classic Mode (Register Mode) option
Step 5: Generate a Test file
In this step, you need to verify the issue regarding the company file or through the .qbo file. You can perform this by attempting to import transactions into a new company file. Follow the steps:
- Open your QuickBooks
- Locate the top menu bar and then hit on the File option
- Choose the New Company option.
- Click on the Express Start button.
- Enter the required details
- Give a company file as a Test company for future identifications.
- In the Test company, firstly, you require to import the transaction
- Don’t forget to import the transaction with an identical account as used with the main company file.
Here are the instructions you need to follow to check whether you import the transactions:
If you are unable to import the transaction
If you are still unable to move the transaction after the test company file, then there are greater chances of the improper downloading of the QBO file from the Bank website. So follow the below steps to resolve the issue:
- Firstly, connect your Bank to take assistance regarding the correct downloading of the QBO file.
- So collect all the mandatory bank logs before calling the Bank. These bank log files will help them in discovering the exact reason for the issue.
- You can discuss it to Bank officials about Accounting software bank feeds and activation account and ask them to check the account is set up or not.
- You can even ask them to file a case by an Open Financial Exchange and ensure that you receive the case number.
If you could import the transaction:
If you can easily import the file into the test company file, then there might be some issues with the setting. Consequently, require some adjustments in the original company file. Here is the list of instructions you need to follow:
- Open your QuickBooks Software
- Locate the original company file
- Now disconnect the issue causing the account.
- Reconnect the account
If still error persists, then try advanced troubleshooting solutions.
Advanced Troubleshooting Methods to fix QuickBooks is unable to verify financial information for this download:
These troubleshooting solutions need excellent computer knowledge. So it is highly recommended to connect the IT professional.
Review Web Connect File
- Verify the Web Connect File:
- Open the .qbo file which you have downloaded from the official website.
- Do a right-click on it.
- Choose Open with the notepad button.
- Now you require checking for the general errors in the file such as ampersands, invalid characters, and other strings.
- Now add or edit if there any missing markup. All tags must be below-described format:
- You have to manually match the payee info because QuickBooks does not perform a matching process; information will not automatically get a match with Memo.
Verify the Bank Identification Number:
Sometimes the unable to import files can be due to the absence of a Bank Identification number.
- Discover your unique bank identification number and save the .QBO file.
- Do not forget to create a backup of active QuickBooks before you import the file you recently fixed.
Above, we have mentioned each methods how to fix the error QuickBooks is unable to verify the financial institution information for this download and Web connect errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What can I do if the Failure in Verifying the Financial Institution is through a Credit Card Company?
If your credit Card Company is not allowed through QuickBooks, you are suggested to apply Bank2QBO to create your QBO file from the allowed banking institutions.
2. What can I re-create QBO Importable file if an Error is Generated in the Excel File of a third-party Application?
When the .QBO file is not correctly generated from CSV file through any software then it is recommended to apply for recreating QBO importable file by QuickBooks.
3. What are the Frequent Causes of QuickBooks Unable to Verify the Financial Institution Information for this Download?
There can be several causes behind the failure of bank verification; however, the two frequent one is incorrect integration of Bank ID inside QuickBooks, and the other one fails to identify the ID code.
4. How can I verify my Bank Identification Number while fixing ” QuickBooks is Unable to Verify the Financial Institution information for this Download Error”?
• To discover the unique bank identification number (BID) firstly, you have to choose the current version of QuickBooks
• Press Ctrl + F key of Keyboard
• Fill in the bank’s name & identification number
• Once done, note down the 5-digit number and check the file syntax described below in the QBO FILE:
• Once checked, now save the .qbo file
5. What will Happen if the Payee name Contains more than 32 Characters?
If the payee name field contains longer than 32 characters, then the remaining information will display in the Memo field.