QuickBooks is one of the trustworthy accounting software with its great compelling features. Among those options, “QuickBooks messenger” is one of them. You can use this feature while using QuickBooks Desktop in multi-user mode.
- 1 QuickBooks Messenger:
- 2 How to Turn on QuickBooks Messenger
- 3 Turn Off QuickBooks Messenger Feature
- 4 How to Disable QuickBooks Messenger?
- 5 What are the Steps to Chat with other users via QuickBooks Messenger?
- 6 Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
This feature is identical to other chat software like messengers, which helps you chat with other QuickBooks users in the organization. The chat option is used within QuickBooks and allows you to log-off other QB users. You can even switch multi-users mode to the single-user mode of the QuickBooks. In the below article, we will learn How to enable, disable, use the chat feature of QB messenger.
QB Messenger is one of the most essential features provided by QuickBooks. It helps different users to communicate with each other logged in at the same time. Thus QuickBooks messenger is pretty useful in the multi-window mode as it makes sharing easy and convenient.
If you need to work on QuickBooks Messenger then:
- Enable multi user mode in quickbooks.
- Under bottom right corner of your dashboard, locate QB messenger icon.
- By default the QB messenger feature within your quickbooks account gets activated automatically.
- If you need to open the messenger, then right click on the icon and click on open.
- Your quickbooks messenger will be launched and you will be communicating to people logged in.
How to Turn on QuickBooks Messenger
QuickBooks permit you quickly enable or disable QuickBooks Messenger. QB messenger starts automatically once you login to the QuickBooks desktop. Here are the steps:
- Login in to your Account
- Locate icon; it usually located on the bottom right corner of the screen
- double click on it to launch the QB messenger
Another method to Enable QuickBooks Messenger
- Discover Company file
- Hit on Chat with a Co-worker option
An Admin user can initiate Chat with other users by opening a drop-down named Action and then clicking on Send Message to logged-in QuickBooks users.
Turn Off QuickBooks Messenger Feature
If you don’t want to use QuickBooks messenger then you can turn off the feature within QuickBooks. Follow the steps to do the same:
- Within QuickBooks, sign in as admin under a multi user mode.
- Now click on files and then press the utilities tab.
- From the window that will appear now, hit the disable QB messenger tab.
- Now log out and then login again and your QuickBooks messenger would now be turned off.
How to Disable QuickBooks Messenger?
If you want to turn off the QB messenger when you do not need it then here are the steps mentioned below to disable QuickBooks Messenger:
- Firstly you have to open the QuickBooks in your system.
- Choose Switch to Multi-User Mode option.
- Now sign in with an Admin mode.
- Once login, locate the File option and then Hit on Utilities.
- Choose Disable Messenger
- At last, Log out from the company file and then again sign-in to verify whether the Chat is enabled or disabled.
What are the Steps to Chat with other users via QuickBooks Messenger?
QuickBooks messenger lets you quickly chat with other login users to share details. Following are the instructions you need to follow:
- Double click on the QB messenger icon to run it
- Once the user login into its company file, there will display a notification
- Locate the notification window and then select the Chat to begin a conversation
- The alternate method to begin chatting is to perform a right-click on the messenger icon appearing in the system tray.
- Select Chat from the displaying list
- Admin can use drop-down named Actions.
- Select Send Message to the preferred Logged in users
- This QB messenger option permits you to display the current status. You can select one from the three options, i.e., busy, otherwise, or away. This status is visible to all users. You can even modify the status. To change the status, you need to locate the drop-down appearing against your username.
How to log off or close QuickBooks Company File for another QB user?
Below given is the list of steps you need to close the QuickBooks file for other users:
- The initial step is to open your QB messenger.
- After this, Hit on Chat with a Co-worker
- Locate drop-down named Actions
- Hit on Close Company file for Users
- Afterward, select the users you need to restrict for QuickBooks file access.
- Choose the Close Company file button.
- Once done, it will display a confirmation window.
- Hit on the yes Button
Here is the article about QuickBooks messenger completes! Hopefully, it is useful for you to get awareness about the most effective option of QuickBooks for sending Messages on-spot while working.
If you have any confusion regarding using QB messenger or any other option, then call QuickBooks Support Phone Number. An experienced team is sitting there, dedicated to working to provide you with a proper resolution on time. If you cannot call through phone number, use a live chat option to ask questions or send an email with your concerns. The team will get back to you as soon as possible.