Quickbooks Export to Excel Greyed Out
QuickBooks accounting software is considered as the best business management software. It is entrenched with numerous features that improve the speed and accuracy of the business performance. At times when QuickBooks Desktop functional features are corrupt/damaged or when a simple reinstallation fails to fix the issue uninstalling QuickBooks Desktop can fix the issue. Carrying out the process is known as Quickbooks Clean Install or Clean Uninstall.
If your Quickbooks export to excel is not working or the function itself is not getting highlighted then you will have to do a clean install. Make sure about one thing that you have secured, the installation CD and license numbers prior uninstalling QuickBooks Desktop program. Even do the back of your files. Backup always helps to restore your data at the time of any issue.
Quickbooks Clean Install
Step 1: Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop Program
- Hold on to Windows+R to open the Run command
- Enter Control Panel and hit enter
- Uninstall the Program
- Choose QB from the list of downloaded programs and click to Uninstall the program.
- Keep a note of the notifications to complete the process successfully.
In case you face error at the time of uninstallation then you would need to escalate the program immediately as it signifies that there is some damage/corruption with your Windows Operating system.
Step 2: Rename the Installation folders
The next step would be to run QuickBooks Clean Install software to change the name of your files. If right now, you don’t have access to QB Clean Install software then rename the files manually.
Download and run the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
- Download the QuickBooks Clean _Install_Tool.exe file.
Download the software at your own risk. Though it is coming from a legitimate source but there has been complaints of it getting infected. Thus if you don’t want to risk your files then dial 1800-940-7442 for help.
- Save it to your desktop.
- Open QuickBooksClean_Install_Utility.exe file
- When prompted then click on the license agreement tab.
- Now, choose your QB version and choose to continue.
- Click OK on the dialogue box that appears.
Manual Rename Process of the QuickBooks Desktop Installation Folders
View all the hidden files through Windows Explorer and rename each of the folder locations listed for Windows versions. Add the old or damaged files at the end of the folder name as it will secure QuickBooks from identifying the folder to create a new folder.
Error Message: Access Restricted while Renaming Folders
- Click on the Windows Task Bar and select Task Manager.
- Click the Image Name column header under the processes tab to manage the processes chronologically.
- Choose the files like: Qbw32.exe, QBDBMgrN.exe, QBCFMonitorService.exe, QBDBMgr.exe.
- Click End Process.
- When you get any warning message then hit Yes to that and continue with the 3rd
Step 3: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
Download and install QuickBooks Desktop once again. Check for the below requirements:
- System requirements,
- Download the software,
- Install QuickBooks Desktop,
- Resolve all the installation issues
- Register/Activate QuickBooks
In case you still face the error you can approach QuickBooks customer care support. The QuickBooks experts provide an immediate feasible solution through phone, email or online chat.