So, you want to downgrade the QuickBooks company file to undo some changes or to reinstate the previous version. Well, you can do so by following the steps in the below write-up.
For your information purpose, the creation of a company file in QuickBooks is a starting step in the accounting process for any business. The company file is where all the financial information relating to the business is recorded or stored.
Before Downgrade Company File – Restoration of QuickBooks Company File Backup – Download PDF Version
How to Downgrade QuickBooks Company File
As the company file that is upgraded to a newer version cannot be downgraded to an earlier version, so the backup file of a previous version should always be kept in the local drive of your computer with a different name for easy identification purposes. For downgrading the company file, we will look into two headings.
- Restoration of the company file backup
- Portable company file
Step 1: Restoration of the Company File Back up
For the restoration of the backup of your company file, you need to follow the below steps in the same order.
- First of all, Select File >> Open or restore company >> and then restore a backup copy.
- After restoring the backup of the company file, you need to click on Next >> local Backup >> then Next again.
- Now you need to click on browse and search for the backup company file from your computer. The file will have the extension (.qbb).
- After selecting the backup company file from your computer, you need to save the backup file in a new folder with a different name so that the data overwriting can be avoided.
- In the last step, you will have to click on open, and then click on save, do ensure to read all the overwriting-related messages.
The above steps will help in the restoration or downgrading of your company file. You can also go for creating a portable company file that can be shared or moved from one location to another very easily. It is a handy and compact version and does not contain a full backup. They do not comprise fixed asset manager files, loan managers, statement writers, etc.
Step 2: Portable Company File
The steps for the creation of a portable company file are as follows
- First of all, log in as an admin in QuickBooks.
- Now in the next step clock on File >> create copy >> portable company file >> then click on “Next”.
- In this step, you will have to select a unique name for the portable company file and ensure to save it in a new folder in a different location to avoid overwriting of data.
- In the last step, you just need to on “Save” and “OK”.
These steps will help in the creation of the portable company file which will have the extension (.qbm) and can be easily shared through USB and email. For downgrading the file, you can use the steps mentioned in the restoration of the company file heading. In case you have any further queries, you can dial a toll-free number, and the QuickBooks consultant team will help you.
Get instant assistance with QuickBooks accounting software. Our QuickBooks experts are available 24x7 and resolve issues within minimum turnaround time. We support both US & Canada Editions of QuickBooks Software.We get help you on these QuickBooks accounting topics
- Import and Export
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Upgrade & Update
- Payroll Solutions
- Data Recovery and many more.