QuickBooks business management software is the powerful and sophisticated accounting application that is also prone to encounter errors like other software. QuickBooks error code 6190, 816 is one of the common errors reported by many QuickBooks users. This error code is tagged with an error message: “QuickBooks was unable to open the company file on the hosted computer.” The error message indicates restricted access to the QuickBooks company file.
QuickBooks Error 6190, 816 occurs to many possible reasons:
- TLG file (Transaction Log File) is not affiliated with that of the company file. TLG file comprises of all the business transactions that are saved automatically by the QuickBooks. The file is named as per the format – [Name of the company file].qbw.tlg file. The user is allowed to convert the file into company data file only (.qbw file). So the QuickBooks error code 6190, 816 crops up as the .qbw files do not match with that of transaction log file (.qbw.tlg file).
- Incomplete or improper installation of the update released by Intuit also causes the error. Sometimes the company file is updated on one computer system without updated transaction log file that causes the QB error code 6190, 816.
- In case the application is used by another user by any other client in Single user mode it restricts the user to access the company file.
- Another reason responsible for QuickBooks Error 6190, 816 is due to corrupt company or data file.
It is recommended to seek technical support from Intuit setup QuickBooks customer support team to identify the exact cause of the error and the data corruption in the software.
How to Fix the Issue?
QuickBooks Error 6190, 816 can be manually resolved as well. It is highly imperative that the software is updated with latest release and version. The easiest method of resolution is to employ QuickBooks File Doctor tool:
- Download the tool and install it on the system on which QuickBooks software is hosted.
- Once the installation process is completed -> run it. Ensure that you are logged in Administrator to perform resolution.
- Next two options will be displayed
(a) Network Connectivity Only
(b) Both File Damage and Network Connectivity. Click on option (a) to get QuickBooks Error 6190, 816 resolved as well as detect any data and file corruption.
- User will get a notification to type in the password. Provide the Admin password.
- Software prompts if the company file is hosted on Workstation or Server. If it is on Server then click on ‘Yes’ option otherwise select the tab labeled ‘No’.
- Click the forward button to view the results related to the QuickBooks Error 6190, 816.
Contact QuickBooks POS Experts to get instant support and solutions:
For further doubts or queries you can contact QuickBooks customer support or alternatively to the reliable QB consulting agencies like myqbpos.com that will connect you with a certified QuickBooks customer support team who is adept in handling QuickBooks technical issues in short time period. Call to the Toll Free Number 1-800-274-4168 and gain effective services.