QuickBooks Accounting software is mainly geared towards small and medium sized businesses of all industries and also offer cloud based versions and on-premises accounting applications. QB Point of Sale is specially designed software to replace the cash register of the retailer that is used to track the inventory, sales, and customer information and provides reports for managing its business and serving customers.
Features of Point of Sale
- Seamless credit card processing
- Quick and automatic integration of the information in the accounting software
- Always On Mode allows while Internet connectivity is down
- Online Access, anytime-anywhere
- Configure categories to your system as per business needs
Benefits of POS System
The productive benefits of point-of-sale system are as follows:
- High Accuracy – The accuracy of scanning is more than punching of numbers by the cashier expecting to remember the cost of each item.
- Thorough Analysis – The POS system allows you to manage inventory and analyze the sales patterns.
QuickBooks POS Installation Error
As per your business requirements, the installer will be given the option of administrator, terminal or administrator and terminal installation. It is advisable to have administrator rights on the main POS terminal. After successful installation of the software some basic set up tasks need to be completed before running it such as – transferring basic information, entering your license code and linking the POS database to the software provider. The access to features of your POS machine will be available enabling your business to process credit card payments.
There are many queries and issues faced by the QuickBooks Point of Sale users, reason for which QuickBooks Point of Sale support customers need to call support. There are many issues related to Installation of QB Point-of-Sale system.
How to Install QuickBooks POS
There are many users who call for help during the initial installation of the POS software. If the installation steps are not followed rightly, it will end up with complex issues.
Below are the recommended steps to install QuickBooks Point of Sale:
- You need to unplug all peripherals (credit card reader, bar code scanner, receipt printer) and you do not have to have any Point of Sale hardware connected to the PC, where the installation is going on.
- Carefully insert the QuickBooks Point of Sale installation CD or click at the download link.
- The installation process is automatic. If it fails navigate to the CD drive and find the setup.exe file.
- Allow the install guide to get you through the process. Sometimes it may ask to open ports or modify the computer settings. Allow the changes. This can include installing Microsoft .NET Framework.
- Enter the license and product numbers and read and accept the license agreement.
- Once the installation is done, restart your computer.
NOTE – Then open Point of Sale and download any updates. You are ready to plug in the Point of Sale hardware and finish the set up. You can also watch the video to learn how to set up a company file.
Dial QB Experts to get instant support and solutions
In case you still face any QuickBooks point of sale issues you need to report it QuickBooks or Intuit for esteemed support. Else you can choose the askforaccounting, a highly acclaimed QB Consulting Company, with an impeccable QuickBooks POS Support team certified by Intuit. The professionals will resolve all the issues with your POS software in shortest wait time. Connect through the toll free phone number and be a part of our clientele list.