QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale is a popular accounting software that helps small businesses manage their sales and inventory. However, like any software, users may also encounter QuickBooks Point of Sale installation errors and issues that can cause frustration and delays.
QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale is specially designed software to replace the cash register of the retailer that is used to track the inventory, sales, and customer information and provides reports for managing it’s business and serving customers. In this blog, we will explore some common QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale installation errors and issues and provide solutions to help you get your software up and running smoothly.
Some Common Causes of the QuickBooks Point of Sale Installation Errors
- There is a problem installing the Microsoft .NET Framework.
- Problem with the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale installation file.
- The Windows installer file has been damaged.
Tips to Fix the QuickBooks Point of Sale Installation Errors
As per your business requirements, the installer will be given the option of administrator, terminal, or administrator and terminal installation. It is advisable to have administrator rights on the main POS terminal. After successful installation of the software, some basic setup tasks need to be completed before running it such as – transferring basic information, entering your license code, and linking the POS database to the software provider. The access to features of your POS machine will be available enabling your business to process credit card payments. Follow the below steps to fix the QuickBooks Point of Sale Installation errors, issues and messages
Step I: Update QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale to the Latest Release
- First ensure Point of Sale is selected as your product
- And Go to the Product updates
- Then follow the all onscreen instructions to install a Manual QBPOS update.
- Finally, restart your system
Step II. Rename all Point of Sale folders and Delete the QBPOSDBSrvUser
Rename QBPOS folders
- Here are your QBPOS folder locations that you need to add .OLD word at the end of every folder name.
- C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks POS XX
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks POS XX
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 18.0
Delete the QBPOSDBSrvUser Windows user
- First of all Select Windows Start and select Control Panel.
- Choose Manage another account under User Accounts.
- Select Continue in the User Account Control window.
- The account can be deleted by selecting QBPOSDBSrvUser and clicking Delete.
- Verify that the folder has been deleted.
- Your computer needs to be restarted.
Step III: Again Install QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale
- For the foremost step, to open the Run window, proceed to press the Windows + R key combination.
- Now, Enter Control Panel and select Ok.
- Next, proceed to hit on the option saying program and features.
- Thereafter, click Uninstall/Change, once you have Select QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale your current version 2012, 2018 or 2019 from the list of applications.
- After the subsequent step, Follow the prompts to complete the process.
- For the foremost step, navigate to the location where QuickBooks Point of Sale downloaded on their workstation.
- The second step after locating the Point of Sale is to proceed further to run the file by double-clicking on it.
- This step will lead to the start of the installation process for the software.
- If there is a case, prompted with the option to overwrite the existing extracted files, they can simply select ‘Yes to All’ and continue.
- Further hit, on the option Next to being with the installation.
- After the subsequent step, The software will provide the user with the Software Licence Agreement.
- You must agree to all the terms and conditions to continue with the installation of the software.
- To agree to the terms, the user must select ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’ and hit ‘Next’.
- Now, you will have to provide their Licence and Product number and once they have provided these details, they can hit ‘Next’.
- Once the above step is completed, At this point, you will be prompted to select the number of computers that are going to be used for QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- If only one workstation is going to be used for QuickBooks Point of Sale, the user can select ‘Single User’.
- If there are going to be two or more users for QuickBooks Point of Sale, the user needs to select ‘Multiple Users.
- Server workstation– Your company’s data is created and stored on this workstation.
- The Client workstation: is usually the cash register used to help customers with their daily sales and has access to the program.
- Finally start the QBPOS installation process.
- Once the installation is done, restart your computer.
Features of QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale Point of Sale
- Seamless credit card processing.
- Quick and automatic integration of the information in the accounting software.
- Always On Mode allows while Internet connectivity is down
- Online Access, anytime-anywhere.
- Configure categories to your system as per business needs.
Benefits of QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale System
The productive benefits of a point-of-sale system are as follows.
- High Accuracy – The accuracy of scanning is more than punching of numbers by the cashier expecting to remember the cost of each item.
- Thorough Analysis – The POS system allows you to manage. inventory and analyze the sales patterns.
In case you still face any QuickBooks point of sale installation errors issues you need to report it to QuickBooks or Intuit for esteemed Consultant. Else you can choose the as for accounting, a highly acclaimed QB Consulting Company, with an impeccable QuickBooks POS consultant team certified by Intuit.
Get instant assistance with QuickBooks accounting software. Our QuickBooks experts are available 24x7 and resolve issues within minimum turnaround time. We support both US & Canada Editions of QuickBooks Software.We get help you on these QuickBooks accounting topics
- Import and Export
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Upgrade & Update
- Payroll Solutions
- Data Recovery and many more.