If you are facing an issue like “QuickBooks search not working” then you would need to update your accounting program. By asking you to update the search function, we mean that you will have to update your index.
It is on the basis of the index function that you see relevant items in your search. To do this you will have to locate the file with an extension .QBW. Now refresh the file called Name.Qbw.SearchIndex. Once you do that your QuickBooks search index file will be updated.
If you still don’t see Quickbooks search working then try updating your QuickBooks accounting software.
- Click on the help menu on the top of the navigation screen.
- Now a drop down menu will appear. Choose to update your QuickBooks.
- Select the update button and your software will start to update. You will be able to see the progress bar wherein the status of your update will be visible.
Quickbooks search not working…!
If your search function still does not work and you need to find the item immediate then try the following steps:
- On the top of quickbooks navigation bar, click on the Edit’s tab.
- Click on the Find option from the menu provided.
- Now enter the name or the account or any transaction number you remember to find your item.
- Now click on the find button and you will be able to get your transaction displayed on screen.
Hope, now that following the steps above you will be able to resolve your issue. But in case if you still find yourself in trouble then dial our QuickBooks proadvisors.