In this article, read the causes and how to fix “QuickBooks payroll update errors and problems“. Payroll issue comes up while updating QuickBooks Desktop or Payroll. You may receive an error that starts with the number 15.
The QuickBooks error code 15243 usually appears in Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8. Due to multiple errors of it being caused, 15243 can also be considered as a run time error. This is also usually referred to as “QuickBooks payroll error during update” and is the result of many reasons confronted.
Table of Contents
- 1 Causes QuickBooks Payroll Update Errors and Problems
- 2 How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Errors and Problems
- 3 QuickBooks Payroll Update Manual Download
- 4 How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15240
- 5 QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15106
- 6 QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12029 for 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012 and 2010
- 7 How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12029
- 8 QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS032
Causes QuickBooks Payroll Update Errors and Problems
- Incomplete or corrupt download.
- Windows Registry – Damaged
- Any Malware or Virus infected your QuickBooks Software.
How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Errors and Problems
We are mentioning three methods of how the error can be resolved. Before that, you need to rectify the error and its cause.
Solution I: You need to Repair your QuickBooks
- Open your task manager to turn off QuickBooks and all respective running applications.
- Now enter the code [KO11w6], this will allow you to take a backup of your data.
- It is recommended that you don’t skip these steps as it is required by your QuickBooks to restore the files in case of any damage.
- Click on all the apps with .Qb extension.
- Now, select the End Task option to close all the apps.
- Now repair them by following the steps below:
- Press the Windows icon from your keyboard along with the letter E to open Computer Window. Windows 8 users can click on Computer Tab.
- Click on Uninstall or change program option.
- Select the QuickBooks option and click on either Uninstall/Change option.
- Open the QuickBooks installation window, click on the Next option and then click on the Repair radio button.
- Select the Finish option.
- Restart your system.
Solution II: Edit Internet Explorer options
- Start your computer.
- Open Internet Explorer and Click on the gear icon.
- Select Internet options.
- Click on the Security tab and select the Trusted sites option available there.
- Click on the Site option and add the following websites in the space provided.
- If a user is using the US version of QuickBooks then add *.quickbooks.com and *.intuit.com.
- If a user is using the Canadian version of QuickBooks then add *.quickbooks.ca and *.intuit.ca.
- Select the close option.
- Click Apply and then OK.
If you are unable to resolve your QuickBooks payroll update error or you find some confusion in troubleshooting the error, you can contact the QuickBooks payroll Consultant team to get due assistance call or chat.
QuickBooks Payroll Update Manual Download
QuickBooks payroll update error code 15241 resulted due to a specific service being disabled called File Copy Service is imperative for the smooth working of QuickBooks Desktop software. To resolve the issue follow the steps enumerated below:
If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8
- Close your QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Go to the taskbar, click on the Start button, right-click on the mouse and click on the manage button.
Using For Windows 10
Go to the taskbar and look for the Computer on it. Then right-click the mouse on the This PC option and select the Manage tab.
- In the new screen, click on Services & Applications option.
- On the right side of the Services & Applications window, you will find service windows. Double click on it.
- Now, highlight the QuickBooks FCS option and again double click on it.
- Now, go to the General tab and then further on the start-up Type option’s drop-down arrow and then on the Manual tab.
- Now, select Apply button.
- Now, click on the Start option then press OK.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Download if any new version is available.
- Now, try to update Payroll Tax Table.
If you are using Windows XP:
- First, you need to close QuickBooks.
- On the desktop, go to My Computers, right-click on it and select the Manage option, this will open up a window.
- New windows for Services & Applications will open and then click on it. Now, go to the Services option and then click to open it.
- Now, on the service windows screen, check and double click on Intuit QuickBooks FCS service. This will open Intuit QuickBooks FCS Properties window.
- In this new window opt for the General tab, select the drop-down arrow of the Start-up Type option, and then click on the Manual option.
- Now click on the OK button.
- Restart your QuickBooks Desktop software and download the version updates released for your QuickBooks software.
- Now you can easily update the payroll tax tables.
QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15240
- The payroll update was not completed successfully.
- The QuickBooks update was not completed successfully.
How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15240
For Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows Vista
- Long hold the Windows key and press E to open the Computer window.
For Windows 8
- Click on the computer.
- Click on Uninstall or change a program.
- Click on QuickBooks.
- Select Uninstall/Change.
- QuickBooks Installation window will pop up, select next.
- Click on the Repair radio button.
- Now, select next and then Repair.
- Now, select finish.
For Windows XP
- Go to Control Panel
- Open Add or Remove Programs.
- Click on QuickBooks and then click on Change/Remove.
- In the QuickBooks Installation window, click on Next.
- Click on the Repair radio button.
- Click on Next and then click on Repair.
- Select Finish.
Once you follow any of the procedures according to your operating system. Your issue will be resolved.
QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15106
Error Code 15106 occurs when “The update program is damaged” or “The update program can’t be opened.” Here are some basic causes why this error occurs.
- Firewall settings or the presence of any antivirus (spy sweeper) in the system that restricts software to respond.
- The user may not have logged in with the user having Admin level rights.
- If so, the User will have limited rights to read and write new files and it would be difficult to perform the required task.
How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15106?
You can follow the troubleshooting methods given below and resolve the error 15106
- If you haven’t logged in as Admin, here, you need to log in as Administrator. This may resolve the issue, and if the issue still remains on your PC, move to the second fixing method.
- It may be possible that Spy Sweeper is creating trouble.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Windows Task Manager.
- Now, click on the “Processes” tab and check if “Spy Sweeper.exe” is there in the list. You can go for any of the two methods:
- Once you find this in-process tab, remove it or uninstall it by opening “Add/Remove programs” in Windows. This will help you in resolving the issue.
- If you do not find Spy Sweeper in your system, navigate to C: Program FilesCommon FilesIntuitQuickBooksxx Here, rename the downloaded <nn> folder to download <nn> .old, and then restart your QuickBooks update. This would surely resolve the issue.
- If the above two methods fail and the error remains in QuickBooks. Payroll is Unable to Update & getting error 15106;
- Turn off the User Account Control temporarily in case you are on Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8.
QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12029 for 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012 and 2010
Intuit provides services for current versions and two previous versions, say; the latest upgrade of QuickBooks is available in the 2018 version. So, Intuit provides services for 2018, 2017, and 2016. You can contact any of the third-party service providers if you are using the 2015 version or the version released before 2015.
How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12029
Error code 12029 usually occurs when a user tries to update QuickBooks or QuickBooks Payroll Services.
- QuickBooks was restricted to access the server by a network time-out issue.
- Problem with Internet Connection.
- Connection blocked by Internet Security or Firewall Settings.
- Internet Explorer may not be your default browser.
- SSL settings – incorrect.
Solution: The Error may occur when QuickBooks starts installing updates by itself. You may need to check the Internet Connection Setup in QuickBooks.
- Go to Help
- Now, select the Internet Connection Setup menu.
- Now, check that your connection settings are in-line to use the internet connection settings of the computer.
- Click on Next.
- Now, try to update QuickBooks again.
QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS032
At the time of downloading the updates for payroll, you might receive QuickBooks error codes PS032, PS034, or PS077 with a message something along the lines of:
“QuickBooks having problem in installing payroll tax table update”
The QuickBooks error PS032 might be a direct result of any of the following enlisted situations:
- The QuickBooks Software is not registered properly.
- The billing data provided is not correct or is not up to date.
- Invalid or damaged tax table file stored in Payroll folder.
- The company file of QuickBooks is corrupted or damaged.
How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS032
- First, recheck whether the QuickBooks software is registered or not. If not, then the user needs to register it immediately. Before that, the process won’t work.
- Now go to the settings tab and click on the backup tab.
- On the window that will now appear, enter the backup key code as [K016]. This will not only help you secure your data but will also allow you to make the entire process automatic.
- Up to Date Billing Data: Ensure that the billing data accumulated is proper and updated.
- Accountant’s Copy: Make sure that while you going for updating the file in QuickBooks, the Accountant’s copy is not out for the same.
- User Account Control: For the users with the operating systems – Windows 8, 7, and Vista, UAC (User Account Control) should be switched off, and then try to update the software again.
- QuickBooks License: The user should note down the license number of their QuickBooks software.
- It might be needed in future resolution steps. For the license number follow the below-listed instructions:
- Go to the Home section of QuickBooks and then press on F2.
- It will open the Product Information screen wherein you will find the license number.
- After noting down the number click on OK to close the window.
- Verify Number of QuickBooks Software: Ensure that there is only one QuickBooks software installed on the system.
- Those who have servers with their computer system, generally have QuickBooks Database Server software along with QuickBooks.
- One QuickBooks Installed: The computer system having only one QuickBooks software installed should perform a clean install of the software in a specific start-up mode for immediate gratification.
- Multiple QuickBooks installation: In case the system comprises more than one QuickBooks software, it is imperative to first uninstall the software not being used and then reset the QuickBooks update.
Other QuickBooks Payroll Update Errors, Issues, and Problems
QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Error 15223
The error 15223 while updating QuickBooks Desktop or downloading a payroll update.
QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Error 15271
The error 15271 while downloading a payroll update but the payroll update did not complete successfully.
QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Service Connection Error
The error while trying to submit paychecks for direct deposit.
QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Service Server Error
The error payroll service server when trying to send payroll data.
QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Error 15107
The error 15107 downloads the payroll updates.
QuickBooks Desktop Payroll PS033, PS101, PS036 and PS107
The error while trying to download payroll updates.
QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Error UEXP
The error UEXP while activating retail payroll or downloading payroll updates.
QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Error 00000 XXXXX
This setup error 00000 XXXXX while trying to open the Payroll setup Wizard.
QuickBooks Desktop Payroll File Exists
The payroll error file exists while paying taxes, or opening state or federal forms.
QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Error PS038
The error PS038 while trying to run Payroll.
Our Website Contains information on errors, the reasons behind their occurrence, and the resolution methods that you may need to get the issues resolved. Go for a full visit on our website to find respective information or go for Live Chat Consultant to find an instant resolution.
Our QuickBooks Error Consultant team is very well qualified to answer all your questions related to QuickBooks Payroll and update/upgrade related information and issues via call or chat.