The QuickBooks Error Code 15243 usually appears in Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8. Due to multiple errors of it being caused, QuickBooks Error Code 15243 can also be considered as Run Time Error. This is also usually referred to as “QuickBooks payroll error during update” and is the result of many reasons confronted:
- Incomplete or corrupt download.
- Windows Registry – Damaged
- Any Malware or Virus infected your QuickBooks Software.
- 1 How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error:
- 2 QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15240
- 3 QuickBooks Payroll Update for 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012 and 2010.
- 4 QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12029
- 5 QuickBooks Payroll Update Manual Download
- 6 QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS032
- 7 QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15106
How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error:
We are mentioning three methods of how the error can be resolved. Before that, you need to rectify the error and is causes.
Total Time: 15 minutes
Solution I: You need to Repair your QuickBooks
🔹 Open your task manager to turn off QuickBooks and all respective running applications.
🔹 Now enter the code [KO11w6], this will allow you to take a backup of your data.
🔹 It is recommended that you don’t skip this steps as it is required by your QuickBooks to restore the files in case of any damage.
🔹 Click on all the apps with .Qb extension.
🔹 Now, select End Task option to close all the apps.
🔹 Now repair them by following the steps below:
🔹 Press Windows icon from your keyboard along with letter E to open Computer Window. Windows 8 user can click on Computer Tab.
🔹 Click on Uninstall or change program option.
🔹 Select QuickBooks option and click on either Uninstall/Change option.
🔹 Open the QuickBooks installation window, Click on Next option and then click on Repair radio button.
🔹 Select Finish option.
🔹 Restart your system.
Solution II: Edit Internet Explorer options
🔹 Start your computer.
🔹 Open Internet Explorer and Click on the gear icon.
🔹 Select internet options.
🔹 Click on Security tab and select trusted sites option available there.
🔹 Click on Site option and add the following websites in space provided.
🔹 If a user is using the US version of QuickBooks then add *.quickbooks.com and *.intuit.com.
🔹 If a user is using the Canadian version of QuickBooks then add *.quickbooks.ca and *.intuit.ca.
🔹 Select close option.
🔹 Click Apply and then OK.
QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15240
- The payroll update was not completed successfully.
- The QuickBooks updated was not completed successfully.
How to fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15240?
For Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows Vista
- Long hold Windows key and press E to open the Computer window.
For Windows 8
- Click on computer.
- Click on Uninstall or change a program.
- Click on QuickBooks.
- Select Uninstall/Change.
- QuickBooks Installation window will pop up, select next.
- Click on Repair radio button.
- Now, select next and then Repair.
- Now, select finish.
For Windows XP
- Go to Control Panel
- Open Add or Remove Programs.
- Click on QuickBooks and then click on Change/Remove.
- In the QuickBooks Installation window, click on Next.
- Click on Repair radio button.
- Click on Next and then click on Repair.
- Select Finish.
Once you follow any of the procedure according to your operating system. Your issue will be resolved.
QuickBooks Payroll Update for 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012 and 2010.
Intuit provides services for current versions and two previous versions, say; latest upgrade of QuickBooks is available in 2018 version. So, Intuit provides services for 2018, 2017 and 2016. You can contact any of the third party service provider if you are using 2015 version or version released before 2015.
QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12029
Error code 12029 usually occurs when user try to update QuickBooks or QuickBooks Payroll Services.
- QuickBooks restricted to access the server by network time-out issue.
- Problem with Internet Connection.
- Connection blocked by Internet Security or Firewall Settings.
- Internet Explorer may not be your default browser.
- SSL settings – incorrect.
Solution: The Error may occur when QuickBooks starts installing update by itself. You may need to check Internet Connection Setup in QuickBooks.
- Go to Help
- Now, select Internet Connection Setup menu.
- Now, check that your connection settings are in-line to use internet connection settings of the computer.
- Click on Next.
- Now, try to update QuickBooks again.
QuickBooks Payroll Update Manual Download
QuickBooks payroll update error code 15241 is resulted due to a specific service being disabled called File Copy Service that is imperative for the smooth working of QuickBooks Desktop software. To resolve the issue follow the steps enumerated below:
If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8:
- Close your QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Go to taskbar, click on Start button, right click on mouse and click on manage button.
Using For Windows 10
Go to taskbar and look for Computer on it. Then right click mouse on the This PC option and select Manage tab.
- In the new screen, click on Services & Applications option.
- On the right side of Services & Applications window, you will find service windows. Double click on it.
- Now, highlight QuickBooks FCS option and again double click on it.
- Now, go to General tab and then further on start-up Type option’s drop down arrow and then on Manual tab.
- Now, select Apply button.
- Now, click on Start option then press OK.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Download if any new version available.
- Now, try to update Payroll Tax Table.
If you are using Windows XP:
- First, you need to close QuickBooks.
- On the desktop, go to My Computers, right click on it and select Manage option, this will open up a window.
- New windows for Services & Applications will open and then click on it. Now, go to Services option and then click to open it.
- Now, on the service windows screen, check and double click on Intuit QuickBooks FCS service. This will open Intuit QuickBooks FCS Properties window.
- In this new window opt for General tab, select drop down arrow of Start-up Type option and then click on Manual option.
- Now click on OK button.
- Restart your QuickBooks Desktop software and download the version updates released for your QuickBooks software.
- Now you can easily update the payroll tax tables.
QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS032
At the time of downloading the updates for payroll, you might receive QuickBooks Error Codes – PS032, PS034 or PS077 with a message something along the lines of:
“QuickBooks having problem in installing payroll tax table update”
The QuickBooks Error PS032 might be a direct result of any of the following enlisted situation:
- The QuickBooks Software is not registered properly.
- The billing data provided is not correct or not up to date.
- Invalid or damaged tax table file stored in Payroll folder.
- The company file of QuickBooks is corrupted or damaged.
This issue can be resolved by following some easy to understand solutions that can be implemented from the user himself:
- First recheck whether the QuickBooks software is registered or not. If not, then the user needs to register it immediately. Before that the process won’t work.
- Now go to the settings tab and click on the backup tab.
- On the window that will now appear, enter the backup key code as [K016]. This will not only help you secure your data but will also allow you to make the entire process automatic.
- Up to Date Billing Data: Ensure that the billing data accumulated is proper and updated.
- Accountant’s Copy: Make sure that while you going for updating the file in the QuickBooks, Accountant’s copy is not out for the same.
- User Account Control: For the users with operating System – Windows 8, 7 and Vista, UAC (User Account Control) should be switched off and then try to update the software again.
- QuickBooks License: The user should note down the license number of their QuickBooks software. It might be needed in the future resolution steps. For license number follow the below listed instructions:
- Go to Home section of QuickBooks and then press on F2.
- It will open Product Information screen wherein you will find the license number.
- After noting down the number click on OK to close the window.
- Verify Number of QuickBooks Software: Ensure that there is only one QuickBooks software installed on the system. Those who have server with their computer system, generally have QuickBooks Database Server software along with the QuickBooks.
- One QuickBooks Installed: The computer system having only one QuickBooks software installed should perform clean install of the software in a specific start up mode for immediate gratification.
- Multiple QuickBooks installation: In case the system comprises more then one QuickBooks software, it is imperative to first uninstall the software not being used and then resetting the QuickBooks update.
QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15106
Error Code 15106 occurs when “The update program is damaged” or “The update program can’t be opened.” Here are some basic causes why this error occurs.
- Firewall settings or presence of any antivirus (spy sweeper) in the system that restricts software to respond.
- User may not have logged in with the user having Admin level rights. If so, the User will have limited rights to read and write new files and it would be difficult to perform the required task.
How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15106?
You can follow the troubleshooting methods given below and resolve the error 15106
- If you haven’t logged in as Admin, here, you need to log in as Administrator. This may resolve the issue, and if the issue still remains in your PC, move to the second fixing method.
- It may be possible that Spy Sweeper is creating the trouble.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Windows Task Manager.
- Now, click on “Processes” tab and check if “Spy Sweeper.exe” is there in the list. You can go for any of the two methods:
- Once you find this in process tab, remove it or uninstall it by opening “Add/Remove programs” in the Windows. This will help you in resolving the issue.
- If you do not find Spy Sweeper in your system, navigate to C:Program FilesCommon FilesIntuitQuickBooksxx Here, rename the downloadqb < nn> folder to downloadqb< nn >.old and then restart your QuickBooks update. This would surely resolve the issue.
- If the above two methods fail and the error remain in QuickBooks. Payroll is Unable to Update & getting error 15106;
- Turn of the User Account Control temporarily in case you are on Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8.
If you are unable to resolve the issue or you find some confusion in troubleshooting the error, you can contact the QuickBooks customer support team to get due assistance.
Our Website Contains information on errors, reasons behind their occurrence and the resolution methods that you may need to get the issues resolved. Our QuickBooks Error Support Team is very well qualified to answers all your questions related to QuickBooks Payroll and update/upgrade related information and issues. Go for full visit on our website to find respective information or go for Live Chat Support to find instant resolution. You can also contact us on QuickBooks Payroll Support Toll-Free Number or chat with us.